For this purpose, Thermaltake paid particular attention to the materials used: even the fan has 40 rotors made of aluminum alloy to carry away the residual heat.
An Overview of the Thermaltake Engine 17 CPU Cooler:
- Extremely low copper low-profile CPU cooler and a special aluminum alloy
- Height of only 17 and diameter of only 91.5 millimeters
- Heat sink and rotor made of metal for even more efficient removal of residual heat
- Suitable for processors with up to 35 watts TDP
- Compatible with Intel sockets LGA 1156, 1155, 1151 and 1150
- Uncomplicated installation
Everything from an aluminum alloy
With the low-profile CPU cooler Engine 17, Thermaltake relies on the heat sink with its over one hundred fins in the smallest space. They are cooled by a special fan. It is also almost entirely made of aluminum alloy, both the rotor and the ground are made of metal. So it not only serves to cool the fine fins, but also serves as a heat sink itself.
Direct contact to the CPU has a nickel plated copper plate. The heat sink is placed on it and the fan lies in the middle of the 119 fins over its thin bottom. The engine 17 draws cool air from above and releases the heated air laterally.
Quiet and effective fan
The fan itself is controlled by PWM and connected via the usual 4-pin connector on the motherboard. With a delivery volume of 15.1 m³ / h and a static pressure of 2.4 mm H2O, the small fan eliminates nasty hot air. He even stays very quiet. The maximum 23 dB (A) at 2,500 revolutions per minute is equivalent to the soft whisper of a human. That's why the Engine 17 is particularly suitable for use in mini-PCs but also in HTPCs that are in the stereo shelf in the living room.
Not only because of its small height of 17 mm, but also because of the equally small diameter of 91.5 mm, the Engine 17 comes on small motherboards no RAM module in the way. In addition, it is extremely easy to install, the four enclosed screws are nimble fixed.
- Dimensions: 91.5 x 17 x 91.5 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 205 g
- Material: nickel-plated copper (bottom plate), aluminum alloy (lamellae, fans)
- TDP: 35W
- Fan: 1x 60 mm (12.6 mm height)
Connection: 4-pin PWM
- Speed: 1,500 to 2,500 rpm
- Volume: 11 - 23 dB (A)
- Delivery volume: max. 15.1 m³ / h
- Static pressure: max. 2.4 mm H2O
- Intel Socket 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156
- Manufacturer's warranty: 2 years