The aluminum outer shell with many ventilation openings impresses with subtly curved shapes that extend over the side parts as well as the front and back. Inside, Fractal Design once again implements its well-known modular concept and enables powerful gaming setups with the possibility of water cooling in the limited space of only 16 liters. The extremely elegant Era ITX is available in several colors. Fractal Design has come up with something very special for the usual modular lid: the versions in gray and silver are the top panel made of veneered wood, the versions in black, cobalt blue and gold have a tempered glass cover.
The black Fractal Design Era Mini-ITX case at a glance
- Elegant design with mesh surfaces - optimized for high airflow with a chimney effect
- Black aluminum shell with tempered glass lid
- Compatible with Mini-ITX mainboards
- Dual-slot graphics cards up to 295 mm & CPU coolers up to 120 mm
- Space for a 240 mm radiator on the lid
- Including monthly holders for ATX or SFX (-L) power supplies up to 200 mm
- 5 total fans possible - 1x 80 mm pre-installed on the back
- 1x 3.5 "HDDs or 2x 2.5" SSDs with ATX power supply
The Fractal Design Era Mini-ITX Case: Compact, refined, stylish
The side panels of the Era ITX, which can be removed without tools, are made of anodized aluminum. Ventilation holes arranged in a diagonal strip with removable dust filters provide fresh air as well as the lower ventilation slots, which are also protected with dust filters. In the Era ITX, Fractal Design relies on a vertical airflow with a chimney effect. Two 140 fans can be attached to the underside, and two 120 fans can be placed on the top. A 240 mm radiator with a width of 125 millimeters can also be attached there. Including the fan, this may be 67 millimeters high, depending on the installed power supply. An 80 millimeter fan is already attached to the back. A dust filter on the bottom ensures that the inside of the housing remains clean.
Fractal Design on the lid also uses a modular design in the Era ITX. Fans or radiators are attached to a bracket. There is a removable dust filter on top. This version of the Era ITX is completed with a tempered glass panel that can be replaced by a mesh filter included in the case for better airflow.
Enough space for drives and gaming hardware
The modularity continues with the installation of the power supply. Fractal Design includes two brackets for the Era ITX, each for a conventional ATX or a more compact SFX power supply. They are attached in the middle of the back, can be moved up or down by several centimeters and can be up to 200 millimeters long. If an ATX power supply is installed, there is only room for a 120 radiator on the lid.
Dual-slot graphics cards can be up to 295 mm long and 125 mm wide and are mounted at the bottom. CPU coolers can be installed in the Era ITX with a height of up to 120 mm. The number of available drive slots varies somewhat depending on the power supply installed. Either two 2.5-inch data carriers or a 3.5-inch HDD fit on the bracket next to the mainboard. When using an HDD, the CPU cooler may only be a maximum of 92 mm high, but a 70 mm CPU cooler is recommended. If the SFX power supply bracket is installed, there is additional space for two 2.5-inch drives or one 3.5-inch drive.
The I / O panel is attached to the front of the elegant case. The panel has a USB 3.2 port of type C and two USB 3.0 ports as well as a combined audio socket as well as the beautifully designed power button and an inconspicuous status LED.
- Dimensions (with feet): 166 x 310 x 325 mm (W x H x D)
- Dimensions (without feet): 166 x 307 x 325 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: aluminum, steel, plastic, tempered glass
- Weight: approx.3.97 kg
- Color: Black
- Form factor: Mini-ITX
- Total fans possible:
- 1x 80 mm (back)
- 2x 140 mm (bottom)
- 2x 120 mm (lid)
- 1x 80 mm (back)
- Filters: front, bottom, lid
- Radiator mountings:
- 1x max. 240 mm (lid) - max. Height 67 mm, max. Width 125 mm
- Drive bays:
- With ATX power supply: 1x 3.5 or 2x 2.5 inches (internal)
- With SFX power supply: 2x 3.5 or 4x 2.5 inches (internal)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional) up to 200 mm in length or
- 1x SFX / SFX-L (optional) up to 200 mm in length
- Expansion slots: 2
- I / O panel:
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C
- 2x USB 3.0
- 1x HD audio in / out
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 120 mm, max. 91 mm, 70 mm recommended for side-mounted HDD
- Maximum graphics card length: 295 mm, 210/190 mm with the power supply installed below