The inking unit is an autonomous device with on embedded microprocessor and can be operated without a PC. Four sensor inputs can be used with compatible temperature sensor (not included in delivery) to visualize Temperatures as colors. For Those creative users interested in elctronics, the sensor inputs can THEREFORE be used to connect potentiometers or as 0 - 3.3 V inputs - and with a little creativity, the outputs can be used for other applications as well, for example for fans or if used outside the PC, even for devices Requiring up to 24 Volts.The Following features are available to control the inking unit's outputs:
1. Direct color selection: Intuitive interface controls of the aquasuite allow a precise selection of the color and adjustments for the intensity and brightness.
2. Adjustable color transitions: The aquasuite can be used to set color transitions Which are Continuously Displayed with at adjustable speed.
3. Effects: A brightness curve can be defined to add a pulsating effect.
4. Control by sensor inputs of the inking unit: The sensor inputs of the inking unit can be used to change the color of the assigned channel directly. For example a color transition between 20 ° C and 35 ° C can be set in the aquasuite and will be processed by the hardware of the inking unit.
5. Software sensors (e g CPU load, network, etc...): Like the aquaero, the inking unit can be configured to use software sensor. The communication between the aquasuite and the tools HWiNFO, AIDA and Open Hardware Monitor Allows to use many different system values to control the channels. For example, the CPU load can be used to automatically adjust the color within a specific range. Since synthesis software sensor can therefore be Accessed via Bluetooth, it would be possible to display them on a smartphone.
The inking unit can be configured using the free of charge "aquasuite" software and on USB connection to the PC. The aquasuite supports to unlimited number of connected Simultaneously inking controllers. The configuration is saved in the inking unit's microprocessor, so USB can be disconnected after initial setup. In addition to the USB interface, to aquabus or Bluetooth interface DEPENDING are on the version of the inking unit.aquabus version (53170):
The aquabus version of the inking unit can be connected to at aquaero 5 or aquaero 6 controller. The aquaero can then be configured to control the outputs of the inking unit or to transmit sensor data from the aquaero to the inking unit to be processed by the inking unit. Up to two inking controllers can be connected to at aquaero 5/6 Simultaneously. As a matter of course, this version can therefore be used as on USB device without aquabus connection.Bluetooth and aquabus version (revision 2, 53207):
The Bluetooth and aquabus version of ther inking can have all outputs controlled via Bluetooth, additionally all sensor inputs are available via Bluetooth. This requires a Bluetooth device as well as an app. Aquacomputer currently supplies a basic Android demo app (compatible with Android 4.4 KitKat or higher) Including source code did kann used to set the outputs of the inking unit. Other mobile operating systems are not supported! All features of the aquabus version are available as well. As a matter of course, this version can therefore be used as on USB device without Bluetooth or aquabus connection.Comaptible LED strips:
LED strips for 12 V, common anode. Suitable LED strips and connectors are available from Aqua Computer.
Maximum current per channel: 2.5 A
Maximum combined current (all channels): 8 A (Resulting in a maximum total power of 96 Watts at 12 Volts)Scope of delivery:
1x inking USB board
1x Internal USB cable (5pin), length 70 cm