The mainboard supports PCIe 4.0 with Intel CPUs of the 11th generation and allows overclocking of models with a free multiplier. With its ATX form factor, the ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS fills the mainboard trays of common cases and offers numerous expansion options.
The motherboard from The Unstoppable Force series has a stylish design with a black PCB and black cooling elements, which is particularly effective in cases with side windows. Thanks to an optimized power supply with 14 + 2 virtual phases and extensive cooling, the ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS is ideal for overclocking. The mainboard is equipped with stylish RGB lighting on the right outer edge and offers additional connections for RGB accessories. ASUS Aura Sync serves as the interface for control and synchronization.
Note 1: The following specifications regarding the PCIe lanes, connection of the M.2 slots and connection of the PCIe slots refer to the combination of the Z590 chipset with an Intel Core CPU of the 11th generation (Rocket Lake)!
Our King Mod Service is happy to carry out a BIOS update to the latest version in advance:
Now add the BIOS update service to the shopping cart
The features of the ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS motherboard at a glance:
- 1x PCIe 4.0 x16, 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 and 2x PCIe 3.0 x1
-1x USB 3.2, 2x USB 3.1 (type A), 2x USB 3.0 and 2x USB 2.0 external
- 1x USB-C, 2x USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0 internal
- 3x M.2 (including 1x PCIe 4.0 x4 & 2x PCIe 3.0 x4) / 6x SATA 6G
- Supports max. 128 GB DDR4-RAM up to 5.133 MHz
- Integrated RGB lighting with ASUS Aura Sync
- RGB header: 2x ARGB & 2x RGB
- Fast 2.5 gigabit LAN
- A total of 6 PWM connections for fans
The ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS in detail
The ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS is an Intel Z590 motherboard in the ATX form factor and provides a total of two PCIe x16 slots for expansion cards. A PCIe x16 slot is connected to the CPU with 16 lanes and supports PCIe 4.0. The second PCIe x16 slot is connected to the chipset via 4 PCIe 3.0 lanes. The mainboard also offers two PCIe 3.0 x1 slots for additional plug-in and expansion cards.
random access memory
The four DIMM slots support up to 128 GB DDR4 memory in dual-channel mode. The Z590 chipset supports clock rates of up to 3,200 MHz natively. However, the ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS also enables the operation of RAM kits up to 5,133 MHz via OC.
The ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS offers three M.2 slots for SSDs. The top one is connected directly to the CPU with 4 lanes and supports PCIe 4.0. It uses the four additional 4 PCI Express lanes provided by the 11th generation. Two further M.2 slots are connected to the chipset with PCIe 3.0. Six SATA 6G connections are also available for additional SSDs, hard drives and optical drives.
Attention! The top M.2 slot M.2_1 only works in combination with Intel Core CPUs of the 11th generation "Rocket Lake" and is deactivated with processors of the 10th generation "Comet Lake".
USB, network and sound
The ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS has a USB 3.2 port with a maximum speed of 20 Gbit / s on the I / O panel. It also offers two USB 3.1 ports (Type A) with 10 Gbit / s, two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports. In addition, the ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS offers LAN with 2.5 GBit / s for fast data transfer. The integrated sound chip S1200A ensures rich sound. It offers five jack sockets and an optical S / PDIF output.
The military-themed design in black takes a back seat and highlights other components. Illuminated hardware in particular benefits from this contrast. Thanks to the monochrome color scheme in black, color accents come into their own in combination with the ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS.
Only compatible with Intel CPUs of the 10th and 11th generation!
- ATX (305 x 244 mm)
- Intel Z590
- LGA 1200 (for Intel CPUs of the 10th and 11th core generation)
- 4x DDR4 (3,200 MHz, up to 5,133 MHz via OC)
- Dual channel
- Max. 128 GB
- Slots (physical):
- 1x PCIe 4.0 (electrical x16)
- 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 (electrical x4)
- 2x PCIe 3.0 x1
- Internal connections:
- 1x M.2 (PCIe 4.0 x4; 2242 to 22110 - only with Intel 11th Gen)
- 1x M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4; 2242 to 22110)
-1x M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4 & SATA; 2242 to 2280)
- 6 × SATA 6G
- 1x USB-C (one header, USB 3.2 Gen 1, max. 5 GBit / s)
- 2x USB 3.0 (one header, USB 3.2 Gen 1, max 5.GBit / s)
- 4x USB 2.0 (two headers)
- 1x Clear CMOS header
- 1x COM port header
- 1x Front Panel Audio Header (AAFP)
- 1x system panel header with chassis intrude function
-1x Thunderbolt header
- Fan header:
-1x CPU fan (4-pin)
- 1x CPU OPT fan (4-pin)
- 1x AIO / pump (4-pin)
- 3x case fan (4-pin)
- RGB header:
- 2x 4-pin RGB header (12V)
- 2x 3-pin ARGB header (digital, 5V)
- 1x USB 3.2 (Type C, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2, max. 20 GBit / s)
- 1x USB 3.1 (Type C, USB 3.2 Gen 2, max. 10 GBit / s)
- 2x USB 3.1 (type A, USB 3.2 Gen 2, max. 10 GBit / s)
- 2x USB 3.0 (type A, USB 3.2 Gen 1, max. 5 GBit / s)
- 2x USB 2.0 (type A, max. 480 Mbit / s)
- 1x HDMI
- 1x DisplayPort
-1x 2.5 Gigabit LAN (Intel I225-V)
- 5x 3.5 mm jack (Realtek S1200A)
- 1 x S / PDIF (optical)
- Power supply:
- 1x 24-pin ATX 12V
- 1x 8-pin ATX 12V
- 1x 4-pin ATX 12V
- Manufacturer's guarantee: 3 years