Phobya WaterCooling UK
Phobya Brand Overview
Phobya is your Avatar with maximum skills:
Let the fire battle inflame you, play with your passion and have no fear to get burned. With Phobya cooling systems and modding products you can experience you passion at the max and achieve your goals. Phobya gives you the possibility to satisfy your need for victory, to create a PC that can live up to your needs abd guve you the best performance possible. No matter if the goal is maximum overclocking or sheer power, low temperature or a silent PC or living out your modding skills, Phobya will give you the tools!
The Background behind Phobya:
Phobya is no company in the classical sense but a union of multiple companies, manufacturers, designers and technology owners which develop and product products adhering to uniform and strict quality standards and distribute them.
This concept allows each contributor to Phobya work at their specialized field and present their products in a uniform design and appearance.
- Total Qualty Management
- Extensive pre-series tests with elaborate protocols
- Delivery gaurantee even with high demand
- Total Cost Management for constant pricing even with sluctuating production - and resource costs
- Uniform, proffessional packaging with EAN code
- Multi launguage manuals
- Extended warranty of up to 6 years
- High-resolution product images allow resellers easy and comfortable integration of Phobya products into their shops
Phobya Product Categories
Copper does not react with water, but it slowly reacts with atmospheric oxygen forming a layer of brown-black copper oxide. In contrast to the oxidation of iron by wet air, this oxide layer stops the further, bulk corrosion. A green layer of verdigris (copper carbonate) can often be seen on old copper constructions. Water cooling equipment (such as water block) usually tarnishes when exposed to sulfides, which react with it to form various copper sulfides.
Tarnished copper looks discouraging but has no measurable performance impact on performance as the oxidation layer is too thin to have any effect on thermal conductivity.
How to avoid:
It is nearly impossible to avoid the naturally occurring copper tarnishing (oxidation). It is recommended to use nitrite- or latex gloves during installation as human skin oil are slightly acidic.
Users that do not prefer the looks of tarnished copper are advised to use nickel-plated copper water blocks.
- Clean and rinse previously used water cooling equipment before using it.
- Never use distilled water alone as your main coolant! Pure distilled water offers no protection against biological growth or corrosion.
- Always use market proven pre-mix coolant, such as Phobya or XSPC EC6. This propylene glycol based coolant contains all the necessary biological inhibitors, acts as a surfactant and also offers lubricating properties which enhances the lifespan of the water pump. Besides the stated it also offers corrosion protection when used in mixed-metal liquid cooling loop.
- Refrain from using strips of Silver (Ag), also known as "Kill Coil" with distilled water alone in your water cooling loop. Besides introducing another metal in the already mixed-metal loop with no corrosion protection, the concentration of Silver ions may not be enough to prevent or to suppress biological growth in the liquid cooling loop.
- Refrain from using Copper (II) Sulphate (CuSO4) additive - common trade name "Nuke Cu" or "Biocide Cu" - due to it's nature to react with metals usually found in liquid cooling loop, especially radiators (Zn, Cu, Sn) as well as Aluminium (Al) thus promoting corrosion. Using CuSO4 also accelerates visually discouraging copper tarnishing phenomena.
- Always clean, rinse and dry water cooling equipment prior to storing it for later use!
Plasticizers or dispersants are additives that increase the plasticity or fluidity of a plastic, especially polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tubing in computer liquid cooling. Unfortunately majority of plasticizing agents break down over time and under heat thus leaching the fine powder particles which deposit on all surfaces.
Tubing with plasticizer is usually the culprint for majority of systems failures by clogging of the microchannel fins in the water block or by building up on the water pump impeller shaft thus overloading the motor.
In the past these 'buildup' or 'gunking' issues have been mistakenly attributed to pre-mixed coolants (and their glycol base) instead of tubing . Plasticizing powder, dyed by the colour of the pre-mixed coolant, was leading users to false conclusion that the coolant itself was the issue.
Cleaning the equipment, used in water loop which has been affected by this occurence, is unfortunately a time consuming task: EK Water Blocks recommends taking apart all cooling equipment and cleaning it by following our cleaning guidelines. Warm soapy water and plastic q-tips for cleaning the hard-to-reach spots are a must. The affected tubing should be discarded and a fresh tube must be installed.
- Use plasticizer-free tubing only in your water cooling loop. Tygon Norprene (Zero Maintainance Tubing) type tubing is a EPDM rubber type tubing, has no added plasticizer and is thus safe to use. Rubber ensures great bend radius!
- As an alternative to Norprene ZMT type tubing we recommend Alphacool or XSPC DEHP Free series tubing, a market proven PVC tubing which does not suffer from plasticizer leaching.
- If you are uncertain whether the plastic tubing contains plasticizer it is best not to use it! As of 2018 all tubing manufactured and sold by WatercoolingUK is safe to use.
One-Year Limited Warranty: All Phobya proiducts purchased through WatercoolingUK come with a full 12 month warranty. This warranty does not interfere with any warranty and/or support given directly by Phobya. We encourange customers to reach our to Phobya Support via Aquatuning Gmbh if they have a manufacturing issue, their help and advice on this type of problem is unrivaled.