EK Waterblocks UK Store
About EK Waterblocks
EK® Water Blocks, the premium liquid cooling manufacturer, bears the name of its founder Edvard König. It all started with the enthusiasm of one man and his ventures with liquid cooling back in 1999. From its humble beginnings more than ten years ago, the company steadily grew to become the most renowned supplier of high-end premium quality liquid cooling products. Over the years, the company expanded its product portfolio to become a full liquid cooling solution provider know as EK®.
Today, the products of EK® are available in more than 30 countries worldwide and the company holds several partnerships with some of the most recognized brands.
With more than a decade of experience in the development and manufacturing of high-end liquid cooling solutions, EK® is now offering a full range of products for end users and enterprise applications as well. Products like the Supremacy line of CPU water blocks, Full Cover GPU water blocks, CoolStream radiators, and in-house developed high-static pressure Vardar fans have countless awards and recommendations from leading hardware portals, magazines, and influencers. EK® has also managed to set-up several market trends by introducing product lines like the affordable EK® Fluid Gaming aluminum based liquid cooling and Phoenix, the Modular Liquid Cooling (MLC) AIO cooling solution.
With continuous research and design, EK® constantly strives to bring the best possible liquid cooling experience to its customers all around the world.
EK Waterblocks Product Categories
EK Waterblocks Product Support
To view the EK Cooling Configurator EK Cooling Configurator, which are frequently updated.
To view the full list of EK Waterblocks Guides list so you can select the correct Waterblock for your card.
To view the Official EK Blog.
To get in touch directly with EKwB Support.
Copper does not react with water, but it slowly reacts with atmospheric oxygen forming a layer of brown-black copper oxide. In contrast to the oxidation of iron by wet air, this oxide layer stops the further, bulk corrosion. A green layer of verdigris (copper carbonate) can often be seen on old copper constructions. Water cooling equipment (such as water block) usually tarnishes when exposed to sulfides, which react with it to form various copper sulfides.
Tarnished copper looks discouraging but has no measurable performance impact on performance as the oxidation layer is too thin to have any effect on thermal conductivity.
How to avoid:
It is nearly impossible to avoid the naturally occurring copper tarnishing (oxidation). It is recommended to use nitrite- or latex gloves during installation as human skin oil are slightly acidic.
Users that do not prefer the looks of tarnished copper are advised to use nickel-plated copper water blocks.
EK Water Blocks recommends the following steps to be taken in order to prevent any biological growth within the warm waters of your computer liquid cooling loop:
- Clean and rinse previously used water cooling equipment before using it.
- Never use distilled water alone as your main coolant! Pure distilled water offers no protection against biological growth or corrosion.
- Always use market proven pre-mix coolant, such as EK-Ekoolant. This propylene glycol based coolant contains all the necessary biological inhibitors, acts as a surfactant and also offers lubricating properties which enhances the lifespan of the water pump. Besides the stated it also offers corrosion protection when used in mixed-metal liquid cooling loop.
- Refrain from using strips of Silver (Ag), also known as "Kill Coil" with distilled water alone in your water cooling loop. Besides introducing another metal in the already mixed-metal loop with no corrosion protection, the concentration of Silver ions may not be enough to prevent or to suppress biological growth in the liquid cooling loop.
- Refrain from using Copper (II) Sulphate (CuSO4) additive - common trade name "Nuke Cu" or "Biocide Cu" - due to it's nature to react with metals usually found in liquid cooling loop, especially radiators (Zn, Cu, Sn) as well as Aluminium (Al) thus promoting corrosion. Using CuSO4 also accelerates visually discouraging copper tarnishing phenomena.
- Always clean, rinse and dry water cooling equipment prior to storing it for later use!
Plasticizers or dispersants are additives that increase the plasticity or fluidity of a plastic, especially polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tubing in computer liquid cooling. Unfortunately majority of plasticizing agents break down over time and under heat thus leaching the fine powder particles which deposit on all surfaces.
Tubing with plasticizer is usually the culprint for majority of systems failures by clogging of the microchannel fins in the water block or by building up on the water pump impeller shaft thus overloading the motor.
In the past these 'buildup' or 'gunking' issues have been mistakenly attributed to pre-mixed coolants (and their glycol base) instead of tubing . Plasticizing powder, dyed by the colour of the pre-mixed coolant, was leading users to false conclusion that the coolant itself was the issue.
Cleaning the equipment, used in water loop which has been affected by this occurence, is unfortunately a time consuming task: EK Water Blocks recommends taking apart all cooling equipment and cleaning it by following our cleaning guidelines. Warm soapy water and plastic q-tips for cleaning the hard-to-reach spots are a must. The affected tubing should be discarded and a fresh tube must be installed.
- Use plasticizer-free tubing only in your water cooling loop. EK-Tube ZMT (Zero Maintainance Tubing) type tubing is a EPDM rubber type tubing, has no added plasticizer and is thus safe to use. Rubber ensures great bend radius!
- As an alternative to EK-Tube ZMT type tubing EK Water Blocks recommends Primochill LRT Advanced series tubing, a market proven PVC tubing which does not suffer from plasticizer leaching. Not to be mistaken with older LRT Pro!
- If you are uncertain whether the plastic tubing contains plasticizer it is best not to use it! As of 2013 all tubing manufactured and sold by EK Water Blocks is safe to use.
One-Year Limited Warranty: All EK Waterblocks purchased through WatercoolingUK come with a full 12 month warranty. This warranty does not interfere with any warranty and/or support given directly by EK Wwaterblocks. We encourange customers to reach our to EK Support if they have a manufacturing issue, their help and advice on this type of problem is unrivaled.