However, not only motherboards with M.2 slots with PCIe 4.0 connection benefit from the SSD, Gigabyte's NVMe M.2 SSD also runs faster than its predecessor in PCIe 3.0 systems.
The features of the AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 1TB at a glance:
- Modern M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD with PCI Express 4.0 standard and NVMe 1.3
- Storage capacity of one terabyte, two gigabytes of DDR4 memory
- New controller Phison PS5016-E16 and BiCS4-TLC-NAND from Toshiba
- Maximum read speed of 5,000 MB / s and write speed of 4,400 MB / s
- Maximum IOPS reading: 750 K and writing: 700K
- Backward compatible with PCIe 3.0
- MTBF: 1.77 million hours, manufacturer guarantee: 5 years or 1,800 TBW (TB Written)
- M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD with brute read and write speed
The new PS5016-E16 controller from Phison for this hyper-fast drive supports four PCI Express lanes of the new 4.0 standard, which make a theoretical maximum of around 8,000 MB / s possible! Internally, the controller is connected to the flash memory with eight lanes. In connection with the built-in BiCS4-TLC-NAND from Toshiba, this 2 TB variant of the AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD from Gigabyte achieves an enormous 5,000 MB / s when reading and an incredible 4,400 MB / s when writing as well as fantastic IOPS values of 750,000 in 4KB -Read or 700,000 in 4KB write. There is also two GB of onboard DDR4 cache. Even on PCIe 3.0 systems, this M.2 NMVe memory bar is even faster than M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSDs.
Highly efficient 3D TLC NAND with 96 layers
With the BiCS4-TCL-NAND memory of the AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD, the memory cells are stacked in several layers in a cylindrical shape. As a result, on the one hand, larger amounts of memory with higher read and write speeds are possible with a smaller area of the memory blocks; on the other hand, the service life of the memory is increased and the energy efficiency improved. Compared to the previous series, the AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSDs have 96 instead of 64 layers and are therefore only equipped on one side even with this 1 TB total capacity, which means they have increased compatibility and can be installed in many notebooks.
The PS5016-E16 controller supports the latest NVMe 1.3 protocol, LDPC error correction, wear leveling and over-provisioning to increase the service life. This means that Gigabyte can guarantee an MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) of at least 1.77 million hours and offer a warranty of 5 years or 1,800 TBW.
- Dimensions: 22 x 2.38 x 80 mm (W x H x D)
- Format and interface: M.2 / M-Key 2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3)
- Capacity: 1 TB
- Cache: 2 GB DDR4 RAM
- Controller: Phison PS5016-E16
- NAND: 3D-NAND TLC, Toshiba / WD, 96 layers (BiCS4)
- Performance (PCIe 4.0):
- Reading: max. 5,000 MB / s
- Writing: max. 4,400 MB / s
- IOPS (4KB Random Read, QD32): 750,000
- IOPS (4KB Random Write, QD32): 700,000
- Power consumption (read / write): 6.6 / 6.4 W.
- Compatibility (features): NVMe 1.3, TRIM, S.M.A.R.T., 256bit AES, TCG / Opal, IEEE 1667 (Encrypted Drive), Garbage Collection, Dynamic - Thermal Guard, DevSlp, LDPC error correction, wear leveling and over-provisioning
- Average life expectancy: 1.77 million h
- Guaranteed write volume (TBW): 1,800 terabytes (as long as 5 years manufacturer guarantee)
- Application temperature: 0 to 70 ° C