EK-Quantum Vector² Trio RTX 3080/90 ABP D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi is an Active Backplate addon for the EK-Quantum Vector² Trio RTX 3080/90 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi GPU water block. It is made to actively cool the backside of MSI Trio and Suprim GeForce RTX™ 3080, 3080 Ti, and 3090 GPUs. As with the water block, when upgraded with an active backplate, the entire enclosure stays fully EK-Matrix7 compliant on every axis. This ensures ease of integration and alignment with all other EK-Matrix7 products.
For a precise compatibility match of this water block, we recommend you refer to the EK Cooling Configurator.
EK-Quantum Vector² Trio RTX 3080/90 Active Backplate
The EK-Quantum Vector² Trio RTX 3080/90 ABP comes with a new terminal that replaces the stock terminal arriving with the Vector² water block and links the water block and Vector Active Backplate into a single unit. This way, the whole enclosure requires only one inlet and one outlet, removing unnecessary additional tubing and reducing clutter. It is the ultimate aesthetic and performance solution that finds your GPU sandwiched between two water blocks, allowing maximum cooling.
What Does it Cool?
The Vector² Active Backplate directly cools the PCB hotspots that are found on the backside of the GPU core and the VRM (voltage regulation module). On the RTX 3090, the VRAM located on the backside is cooled, while the RTX 3080 gets cooling for the PCB located around the front-mounted VRAM. Cooling liquid is channeled over all these critical areas.
Innovative and Advanced Direct Link Flow Solution Allows Both Serial and Parallel Connections
These new Vector² Active Backplates feature a Direct Link flow solution - the first multiple block solution to implement a conventional 4-port terminal layout. That allows serial and parallel connections from adjacent or opposing sides of the block. It was made possible by the addition of a machined brass insert that diagonally links the water block directly to the active backplate inside the acetal terminal. Direct Link proves invaluable when incorporating an ABP with a standard distribution plate or vertical GPU mount.
Hidden Terminal Screws for the Ultimate Aesthetic
Tactile magnetic covers are used to conceal the terminal screws, which allows rotating the branding when the GPU is inverted in the case.
CNC-Machining and Premium Materials
The base of the active backplate is CNC-machined out of nickel-plated electrolytic copper, while its top is CNC-machined out of glass-like cast Acrylic. A black-anodized aluminum side cover is included with every active backplate to conceal the entire PCB and create a seamless enclosure.
D-RGB lighting on EK-Quantum Vector² Trio RTX 3080/90 ABP D-RGB
D-RGB LED lighting is deployed on the longest edge of the water block for improved uniformity and brightness. The PCB and diodes are concealed inside a clean aluminum extrusion. The individually addressable RGB LED is compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 3-pin D-RGB LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB (addressable) header.
- EK only guarantees compatibility with included EK-brand thermal pads. The installation process, cooling performance, and block contacts are tested exclusively with EK-brand thermal pads.
- Listed thermal pad thicknesses apply only to EK thermal pads which are included in the package.
- EK does not guarantee compatibility with aftermarket alternatives for thermal interface material.
- Requires EK-Quantum Vector² Trio RTX 3080/90 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi to operate properly. Nickel + Acetal variant of this block is not compatible due to LED implementation.
- EK-Quantum Vector² Trio RTX 3080/90 ABP D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
- Necessary mounting screws, nuts, and washers
- EK-Loop Multi Allen Key (6mm, 8mm, 9mm)
- Thermal pads
- Dimensions: (LxHxW): 334,5 x 155 x 41mm
- D-RGB LED count: 18
- D-RGB cable length: 50cm
- D-RGB connector 3-pin 5V digital LED header (Pinout: +5V | Digital | Blocked | Ground)