(1) By visiting the website and/or using our services we may collect information about you. All information is held in accordance with the current Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation within Scotland.
(2) Information may be
(a) Personal data - data such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth and such information as and where appropriate. This information is usually for a specific purpose or specific activities (such as providing you with a service).
(b) Sensitive Data - which is personal information relating to issues personal and sensitive (such as religious or sexual life) to an individual person. We rarely obtain such information but if we do, your consent will be requested before we do this.
(c) Non-personal information - such as when using our website, pages accessed and files downloaded etc. This won't identify a person but just helps us to find out information to improve our services such as how many people use our site, the most popular pages and the type of web browser in use.
(3) Information may be direct (where we ask for that information, for example when you register for a service) or indirect (See "cookies" later).
(4) Any information we hold (because of the user agreement or otherwise) will be used, for example, to identify you, run the website and our business efficiently, or for marketing purposes we may share your information with organisations who are our business partners or agents to contact you advising you about information, goods, services and anything else which we think may be of interest to you, but only with your agreement. If you do not wish to receive such information you need do nothing. If you do wish to receive the information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We use our best endeavours to keep your information secure. We refer you to the user agreement relating to your obligations of keeping username and password secure.
(5) The provision of the website and any services we provide will be reliant on information provided by you, so you are responsible for ensuring that any information you provide is accurate, correct and up-to-date and in accordance with the clauses of the user agreement.
(b) The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website Will:
• Remember what is in your shopping basket
• Remember where you are in the order process
• Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
(c ) The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
• Offer Live Chat Support (If available)
• Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website Will:
• Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
• Allow you to share pages via Add This (If available)
(d) This website will not
• Share any personal information with third parties.
(e) A ‘Cookie' is a piece of information that a website sends to your web browser which helps the site remember information about you and your preferences.
(f) ‘Session' cookies are temporary pieces of information which are erased once you exit your Web browser window or turn your computer off. Session cookies are used to improve navigation on web sites and to collect statistical information. Our site uses a session cookie that stores a single id, a bit like ‘ab23cd34253dec234'. This is the only bit of session information we store on your computer. This cookie is also destroyed when you close your browser.
(g) ‘Persistent' cookies are more permanent pieces of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of reasons, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, helping to determine what areas of the website you find most valuable, and customising the web site based on your preferences.
(h) We currently only use persistent cookies from third parties such as Google Analytics, Google analytics doesn't track your personal data, however it does track anonymously what pages you have visited and what you find most interesting. This allows us to tailor our website and concentrate on product areas that may be more popular.
As such the cookies we use are not harmful in any way. Should you wish to disable cookies, you can do so by changing the security options in your browser. In the mean time we are developing new cookie controls that let you choose what can and can't be used during your visit with us.
(7) You are entitled to ask for a copy of your information (for which we may charge a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies. So that we comply with the Data Protection Legislation and to maintain confidentiality, we will require proof of identity from you before any information can be provided to you. If you do not provide such proof of identity, then we will be unable to provide such information to you. Please e-mail us at insert email@example.com.
In this section