The fully modular power supply with a stylish aluminum housing and individually sheathed cables is equally interesting for design enthusiasts, overclockers and gaming enthusiasts. With its well thought-out structure, first-class technology and an efficiency of up to 94.7 percent, the Dark Power Pro 12 achieves absolute top values in efficiency with 1,200 watts and can be operated as a single-rail or multi-rail power supply.
The features of the be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 with 1,200 watts at a glance:
- Extremely powerful high-end power supply with 1,200 watts from be quiet!
- Highest efficiency level with 80 PLUS Titanium (up to 94.7%)
- Fully digital control (PFC, LLC, SR / 12V) and full bridge topology
- Patented and frameless Silent Wings fan
- Full-surface and fine-meshed fan grille increases the air throughput
- Overclocking Key: Operation as single-rail or multi-rail possible
- High-end technology and well thought-out construction ensure durability and improved cooling
- Elegant aluminum housing and individually sheathed cables
-10 year manufacturer warranty
The features of the be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 with 1,200 watts in detail
The discreet aluminum housing and the individually sheathed cables of the Dark Power Pro 12 ensure a minimalist and elegant appearance. The full-surface, fine-meshed fan grille is particularly eye-catching. The huge grille ensures a high air flow. Directly behind it sits a patented and frameless Silent Wings fan with a diameter of 135 mm. Together with the funnel-shaped air inlet, this ensures an almost inaudible and optimal cooling of the components.
In order to achieve the maximum efficiency of an incredible 94.7 percent, only first-class electronics are used - including a fully digital control and the full-bridge topology for regulation and residual ripple on a world-class level. The high-end power supply unit naturally uses Japanese capacitors certified to 105 ° C. The wireless internal design also contributes to improved cooling performance and component life expectancy.
Single or multi-rail: Brute performance guaranteed
This version of the Dark Power Pro 12 provides a full 1,200 watts of continuous power. The so-called overclocking key is a very special feature. This is a switch that allows the power supply to be operated as a single or multi-rail power supply, if desired. Depending on the switch position, the 12 V line is operated either on six independent lines or as a single, solid line.
In single-rail operation, the 12 V line offers a combined current of an enormous 100 amperes with a total output of 1,200 watts. In multi-rail operation, each of the six individual lines provides 35 or 40 amperes.
The advantage: split 12 V rails offer greater operational reliability, but only have a limited load capacity individually. If a single component sucks more than one of the split lines allows - which can certainly happen with extreme overclocking - then the power supply unit is deactivated. With a single, interconnected 12-volt line, the load limit is only reached with the maximum output of the combined 12-V power.
The connection arsenal also leaves nothing to be desired and is fully modular, which guarantees maximum flexibility and minimal cable clutter. Even server boards with two CPU sockets and the need for two 8-pin EPS connections are no problem. A total of 10 PCIe connectors with 6 + 2-pin are available for the graphics cards. The peripherals with 16 SATA, eight 4-pin Molex and two floppies are just as generous.
The ten-year guarantee and the free on-site exchange (within Germany and France) in the first year should also be emphasized. In the event of a defect in your own home, the power supply unit will be changed within 48 hours. Long waiting times due to shipping, manufacturer testing, etc. are a thing of the past.
- Dimensions: 150 x 86 x 200 mm (W x H x D)
- Fan: 135 mm (SilentWings, 11.2 - 25.8 dB (A))
- Efficiency: 94.7 at 100% load and 230 volts input voltage, incl. 80 PLUS Titanium certificate.
- Active PFC (0.99)
- Form factor: ATX 12V 2.51 / EPS 12V 2.92
- Continuous power: 1,200 W
- + 3.3V: 25 A
- + 5V: 25 A
- 3.3V + 5V: 150W
- + 12V1: 35 A
- + 12V2: 35 A
- + 12V3: 35 A
- + 12V4: 35 A
- + 12V5: 40 A
- + 12V6: 40 A
- + 12V (combined): 1,200 W / 100 A
- -12V: 0.5 A (6 W)
-+ 5Vsb: 3.5 A (17.5 W)
- 1x 20 + 4-pin (600 mm)
- 1x 4 + 4 pin (EPS12V, 700 mm)
- 1x 8-pin (EPS12V, 700 mm)
- 1x 4 + 4-pin (ATX12V, EPS12V)
- 10x 6 + 2-pin PCIe (600 mm)
- 16x SATA
- 8x 4-pole Molex
- 2x floppy
-1x overclocking key (600 mm)
- Cable length: 60 - 120 cm
- OVP (protection against overvoltage and undervoltage)
- UVP (undervoltage protection)
- SCP (short circuit)
- OPP (overload)
- OTP (overtemperature protection)
- OCP (overcurrent on rails +12, +3.3 and +5 volts)
- Manufacturer's guarantee: 10 years