The extremely compact aluminum gaming case looks particularly classy thanks to the large front with RGB LED strip and the side parts made of acrylic glass. The Z-Machine300 is designed for water cooling, a total of two 240 mm radiators fit into the small case, which is powered by an SFX / SFX-L power supply. Both the housing and the side parts have plenty of ventilation slots so that the radiators can be supplied with enough cool air. So that the vertical mounting of the graphics card works, Zalman also delivers a riser cable.
The Z-Machine300 Mini-ITX case from Zalman at a glance:
- Mini ITX housing made entirely of aluminum with ventilation slots
- Two side parts of acrylic glass, also with ventilation slots
- Designed for WaKüs with space for two 240 radiators on the lid and on the bottom
- Light weight and compact dimensions with plenty of space for gaming hardware
- Dual-chamber design for the separate installation of graphics card and mainboard
- Including riser cable for vertical installation of the graphics card up to 31 cm in length
- For power supplies in SFX / SFX-L format
- CPU cooler up to 72 mm and space for three 2.5-inch drives
- Perfect use of space thanks to a consistently well thought-out concept
With extremely compact dimensions of only 160 by 310 by 330 millimeters (W x H x D), the Z-Machine300 from Zalman looks delicate, but inside you can install a lot of powerful hardware. The fact that a complete gaming PC can be built into it despite this size format is achieved through a well thought-out concept and a trick: the graphics card is placed in parallel in a separate chamber behind the Mini-ITX mainboard and overall almost every square centimeter is inside the steel Z-Machine300 from Zalman is used sensibly, while there is usually an unnecessary amount of free space in ordinary tower housings. A gaming PC can hardly be built any smaller!
As big as a game console, but massively more powerful
On the outside, the innovative miniature impresses with its striking design and the flawless processing of aluminum in a continuous gray. The unique look is achieved above all by the numerous ventilation slots in the housing and in the two side parts made of acrylic glass and by the RGB lighting on the otherwise completely closed front. Only a power switch is located at the bottom of the front made of brushed aluminum. The transparent side panels not only allow enough fresh air to flow into the case, but also offer an unobstructed view of the interior of the Z-Machine300 from Zalman.
The Z-Machine300 is designed for water cooling solutions. There is space for 240 mm radiators on the lid and on the bottom, which can either be part of an all-in-one solution, but can also be integrated into a custom loop. Because Zalman has cleverly planned space for a compact reservoir-pump combination. If you can and want to do without Waküs, you can install the CPU with a cooler of 72 mm instead. Flat top blower coolers are often completely sufficient for cooling due to the ever lower TDP of modern processors.
Supports full high-end graphics cards thanks to the riser module
Inside, a motherboard in mini ITX format can be accommodated on the left side. The PCI Express x16 slot of the mainboard is redirected to the right side of the housing via a riser adapter. in which up to 310 millimeters long and dual-slot gaming pixel accelerators can be installed vertically and connected with full 16 lanes via PCI Express.
The power supply of the mini-gaming system is ensured by a power supply unit in the compact SFX / SFX-L standard, which is attached at the front under the mainboard. The cable harness then protrudes upwards into the housing. An extension for the power cord leads to the corresponding plug on the back of the housing. Internally, there are still three slots for 2.5-inch SSDs.
- Dimensions: 160 x 310 x 330 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: aluminum (anodized, brushed), acrylic glass
- Weight: 3.8 kg
- Color gray
- Form factor: Mini-ITX
- Total radiators possible:
- 240 mm (lid)
- 240 mm (bottom)
- Drive bays: max. 3x 2.5 inches
- Power supply: SFX, SFX-L (optional)
- Expansion slots: 2 (dual-slot, vertical)
I / O panel:
- Power switch
- Special feature: PCIe 3.0 x16 riser module for GPU mounting