The SSDs are not only faster, they are also characterized by absolute silence and shock resistance (no mechanical parts), extremely low power consumption and - of course especially in the M.2 format - a small size. In addition, the connection via PCIe 3.0 x4 and the NVMe protocol offers an unbeatable speed advantage of up to 8 Gbit / s.
The Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe SSD at a glance:
- Fast NVMe SSD with 500 GB total capacity
- High quality 3D NAND TLC flash
- Western Digital controller
- 2400 MB / s read and 1750 MB / s write
- 300,000 / 240,000 IOPS Random Read / Write
- Compact M.2 format (2280)
WD Blue SN550: High-performance NVMe SSD with 500 gigabytes of storage space
The Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe SSD is a particularly small M.2 SSD. It is installed in the M.2 slot of the same name and addressed via the NVMe interface and connected via four PCI Express lanes. The 500 GB Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe SSD achieves extremely high read and write rates of 2400 and 1750 MB / s.
This is also thanks to the 3D NAND TLC flash with 64 layers and the in-house controller from Western Digital. The excellent performance is all the more impressive in view of the small size of the drive that is suitable for ultrabooks or tablets. After all, the Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe SSD is only 8 cm long and 2.2 cm wide. However, a free M.2 NVMe connection must be available in the device for use. You should check the compatibility with the manufacturer before buying.
The user can activate gaming mode via the Western Digital SSD Dashboard software interface. Then the performance is optimized by completely deactivating the energy saving function of the SSD. The software can be obtained free of charge from the manufacturer's website.
- Dimensions: 22 x 2.38 x 80 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: approx.7.5 g
- Format: 2280
- Capacity: 500 GB
- Controller: Western Digital
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Connection: M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3)
- Reading: max. 2400 MB / s
- Write: max. 1750 MB / s
- IOPS (4KB Random Read): max. 300,000
- IOPS (4KB Random Write): max. 240,000
- Typical power consumption (operation / idle): 75 / 2.5 mW
- Average life expectancy: 1.7 million h
- TBW: 300 TB
- Operating temperature: 0 to 70 ° C
- - Shock resistant up to: 1500 G.
- Manufacturer guarantee: 5 years