Hardly any other interchangeable component in the PC brings as noticeable a performance boost as a flash memory drive that replaces a magnetic storage hard drive. The SSDs are not only faster, they are also characterized by absolute silence and shock resistance (no mechanical parts), extremely low power consumption and - of course, especially in M.2 format - a small size. In addition, the connection via PCIe x4 and the NVMe protocol offers an unbeatable speed advantage of up to 8 Gbit / s.
Overview of the Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe SSD:
- Fast NVMe SSD with 250 GB total capacity
- High quality 3D NAND TLC flash
- Controller from Sandisk
- Strong performance with max. 3,100 / 1,600 MB / s read / write
- -220,000 / 180,000 IOPS Random Read / Write
- Compact M.2 format (2280)
WD Black SN750: High-performance NVMe SSD with 250 gigabytes of storage space
The Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe SSD is a particularly small M.2 SSD. It is installed in the same-named M.2 slot and addressed via the NVMe interface and connected via four PCI Express lanes. The 250 GB Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe SSD achieves extremely high read and write rates of 3,100 or 1,600 MB / s.
This is also thanks to the 64-layer 3D NAND TLC Flash and Sandisk's in-house controller. The excellent performance impressed all the more in view of the small Ultrabook- or tablet-capable size of the drive, after all, the Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe SSD is just under 8 inches long and 2.2 inches wide. For use, however, a free M.2 NVMe connection must be present in the device. Compatibility should be requested from the manufacturer before purchase.
The WD BLACK SSD Dashboard software interface allows users to enable gaming mode. Then the performance is optimized by completely deactivating the power-saving function of the SSD. The software can be obtained for free from the manufacturer's website.
- -Dimensions: 22 x 2.38 x 80 mm (W x H x D)
Weight: approx. 7.5 g
- Format: 2280
- Capacity: 250 GB
- Controller: Sandisk
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Connection: M.2 (NVMe 1.3)
- Reading: max. 3,100 MB / s
- Write: max. 1,600 MB / s
- IOPS (4KB Random Read): max. 220000
- IOPS (4KB Random Write): max. 180000
- -Typical power consumption (operation / idle): 70 / 2.5 mW
Average life expectancy: 1.75 million h
- TBW: 200 TB
- Operating temperature: 0 to 70 ° C
- Shock resistant up to: 1,500 G
- Manufacturer's warranty: 5 years