This is achieved above all by the 120 mm PWM fan and the four copper heatpipes with direct contact to the CPU. Thanks to a universal 4-pin RGB connector, the fan's RGB lighting can also be controlled via a compatible mainboard and synchronized with other RGB components.
The Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 RGB Sync Edition CPU cooler at a glance:
- Speed of 500 - 1,500 rpm
- High airflow of 90.05 m³ / h
- High static pressure of 1.23 mm H2O
- Low volume of max. 22 dB (A)
- Optimized cooling lamella design
- Copper heatpipes with direct contact to the CPU
- High compatibility with modern sockets from Intel & AMD
- Synchronizable RGB lighting compatible with ASUS Aura Sync
- 4 pin PWM connector + low noise cable
The Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 RGB Sync Edition CPU cooler in detail:
The Riing Silent 12 RGB Sync Edition is based on the classic tower design and has four vertical heatpipes for heat transfer from the CPU to a cuboid heat sink made of layered aluminum fins. The arrangement of the lamellae create a special layout of small micro-vortexes, which are supposed to increase the airflow and better circulate the air around the heatpipes.
The heatpipes themselves each have a diameter of 6 millimeters and, unlike the standard concept, are located directly on the CPU thanks to CDC technology. This creates a surface with gapless contact that brings unsurpassed cooling efficiency. This design principle has the advantage that the heat can be transferred and removed directly. This results in a particularly high cooling capacity.
Efficient fan with synchronisable RGB lighting
A powerful 120 mm PWM fan, which relies on a high-quality hydraulic bearing with "low-noise design", provides the right airflow. Thanks to the inner frame structure with "wind blocker frame" and the eleven specially shaped fan blades, large masses of air are forced through the aluminum fins, which optimally balances performance and volume. The fan covers a speed range of 300 to 1500 rpm, producing an airflow of 90.05 m³ / h at a high static pressure of 1.23 mm H2O. The Riing fan achieves these impressive results at a maximum of 22 dB (A) volume and therefore offers extremely quiet operating noise. Thanks to the PWM connection, the fan is also independently controlled by the mainboard. A low-noise cable allows a lower speed range to be achieved.
In addition to the very good performance, the Riing fan also makes a lot of visual sense, because Thermaltake gives the fan a surrounding, integrated LED strip with RGB LEDs. Thanks to the 4-pin connector, the RGB lighting is compatible with motherboards with 4-pin RGB headers and can then be controlled via the ASUS Aura Sync or MSI Mystic Light Syc software and synchronized with other RGB components.
Mounting & Compatibility of the Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 RGB Sync Edition
The installation of the Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 RGB Sync Edition is very simple. Thanks to a simple screw system, the cooler can be quickly and easily installed on all standard CPU sockets. Specifically, it can be mounted on the sockets LGA 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011 V3, 2066 from Intel as well as FM1, FM2, AM2, AM2 +, AM3, AM3 +, AM4 from AMD. An expansion of the motherboard is only necessary if no cutout on the mainboard tray of the housing is available. Afterwards, the supplied fan is fastened by means of retaining clips, all cables are connected and already the Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 RGB Sync Edition can do its job.
- Dimensions (total): 140 x 159 x 74 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: copper (heatpipes), aluminum (lamellas)
- Weight: 825 g
- Heatpipes: 4x Ø 6 mm
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25 mm (W x H x D)
- LED lighting: RGB
- Volume: 22 dB (A)
- Volume with LNC: 13 dB (A)
- Speed: 500 - 1,500 rpm
- Speed with LNC: 300 - 700 rpm
- Delivery volume: 90.05 m³ / h
- Static pressure: 1.23 mm H2O
- Power consumption (watts): 1.32 W
- Life expectancy: 40,000 h
- Connection lighting: 4-pin (12V)
- Connection: 4-pin PWM + LNC (Low-Noise-Cable)
- Cooler with fan
- Mounting Kit
- Thermal Compounds
- LNC cable
- RGB Y-cable
- fan clips
- Intel Socket 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-V3, 2066
- AMD Sockets FM1, FM2, AM2, AM2 +, AM3, AM3 +, AM4