This is ensured by the large mesh on the front and lid. As a special feature, the motherboard tray is rotated and located in the left side of the case. This provides an eye-catcher, which is reinforced by the hard glass side panel right.
The features of the Silverstone Redline RL08 RGB at a glance:
- Stylish mini-tower for Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX and Mini-DTX motherboards
- Space for two 240/280 radiators
- Upturned motherboard tray and tempered glass side panel
- Including two 120 mm RGB fans
- Modular dust filters and large mesh surfaces
- Redline RL08: This mini-tower turns everything upside down
Silverstone turns the mainboard tray 180 degrees on the Redline RL08. The motherboard in Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX or Mini-DTX format fits into the left side of the case, expansion cards are located under the lid instead of in the case back of this mini-tower. In this way, the fans of graphics cards are turned up. A large air inlet in the lid of the Redline RL08 RGB ensures that the graphics cards are supplied with sufficient fresh air.
Cooling with air and water
The Silverstone Redline RL08 RGB is designed to create an overpressure in the housing to prevent the ingress of dust. In addition, there are modular dust filter under the power supply, behind the front and a magnetic on the housing cover. A total of up to five case fans can be installed: Each two 120 or 140 fan find space in the front and under the lid of the RL08. Another 120-millimeter fan can be installed in the back. Two 120-millimeter fans with RGB LED lighting are pre-installed at the factory. For processor coolers a maximum height of 168 millimeters is planned.
If you rely on water cooling, you can accommodate a total of three heat exchangers in the Redline RL08 RGB. Mount either a 280 or 240 radiator in the front and in the lid. In addition, a 120-millimeter radiator can be mounted in the back of the housing.
Note: According to the manufacturer, the overall height of the radiator with fans should not exceed 30 millimeters when installing a 280 millimeter model.
Drives and components
Despite the innovative interior design, the Silverstone Redline RL08 RGB offers a classic 5.25-inch bay, which can be used for example for optical drives or fan controls. In addition, the enclosure provides space for five data storage units: Under the power supply cover is a modular drive cage for three 3.5- / 2.5-inch drives and two 2.5-inch SSDs on the back of the motherboard tray be installed.
The Silverstone Redline RL08 RGB offers ample space for powerful hardware: The mini-tower has five PCI slot slots for expansion cards. Graphics cards can be up to 369 millimeters long. Under the power supply cover has up to 22 centimeters large ATX power supply. Note: The expansion card length limit may be lower for the top three expansion slots if a 5.25-inch drive is installed.
Colors and design
The Silverstone Redline RL08 RGB has a two-tone exterior design. In the variant offered here, the SST-RL08BR-RGB, the base color is black inside and out. The left side panel and a vertical trim on the left front are red. The trim panel also houses the controls and connectors. The mini tower features a square, white illuminated power button, two USB 3.0 Type A ports, a microphone input and a headphone jack.
- Dimensions: 217 x 391 x 433 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, tempered glass
- Weight: 6.24 kg
- Color: black (chassis, front, cover), red (front trim, left side panel)
- Form factor: Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX
Total possible fan:
- 2x 120 mm or 2x 140 mm (front)
- 1x 120 mm (back)
- 2x 120 or 2x 140 mm (cover)
- 2x 120 mm RGB fan (front)
- Filter: front, bottom, lid
- 1x 280 or 1x 240 mm (front)
- 1x 280 or 1x 240 mm (cover)
- 1x 120 mm (back)
- 1x 5.25 inches (external)
- 3x 3.5 / 2.5 inches (internal)
- 2x 2.5 inches (internal)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 5
I / O panel:
- 2x USB 3.0 Type A (USB 3.1 Gen 1, internal connection)
- 2x 3.5 mm jack (3-pin, TRS, audio-in / -out)
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 168 mm
- Maximum length of the graphics card: 369 mm (345 mm with fans)
Maximum radiator depth:
- Lid: 105 mm (240 mm) / 30 mm (280 mm)
- Front: 71 mm (240 mm) / 55 mm (280 mm)
- Back: 50 mm