With a USB type C socket and the included USB-C cable, it is flexible and can be used on PCs, laptops and mobile devices. An NVMe M.2 SSD can be found inside. Thanks to USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2), transfer rates of up to 20 Gbit / s are possible.
The features of the external M.2 case MS12 from Silverstone at a glance:
External housing for M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs
Suitable for sizes 2242, 2260 and 2280
Fast USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2) interface with up to 20 Gbit / s
USB Type C socket and 30 cm long USB-C cable
Robust aluminum housing with heat spreader
MS12: Fast M.2 SSDs to take with you
With the MS12 from Silverstone it is possible to use a fast M.2 SSD with PCI Express interface and NVMe protocol as a mobile data carrier. Thanks to USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2), the external SSD housing achieves transfer speeds of up to 20 Gbit / s. The modern USB-C connection can be found on numerous notebooks and mobile devices as well as on the I / O panels of current mainboards.
M.2 SSDs in the formats 2242, 2260 and 2280 can be accommodated in the housing. The housing is suitable for installing a single flash drive. With the enclosed thermal pads and the housing design with heat spreaders, the housing actively contributes to the cooling of the SSD. This means that high data transmission speeds are also possible over a longer period of time.
- Dimensions: 106, 15 x 15.3 x 33.3 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 53 g
- Material: aluminum
- Color: Black
- Internal: M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 (M-Key and 2x B + M-Key SSD) External: 1x USB 3.2 (Gen 2x2) type C
- Protocol: NVMe 1.3
- Transmission speed: up to 20 Gbit / s
- Cable length: 30 cm
- Thermal pads:
- Thermal conductivity: 2 W / m.k
- Operating temperature: -40 to 220 ° C
- Supported features: BOT and UAS protocol, TRIM, SCSI Rev. 1.5, NVMe Error Reporting & Recovery, S.M.A.R.T disk monitoring, PCI Express - Base Rev. 3.1a, NVM Express Base Rev 1.3c