The Enthoo Evolv X is a superlative enthusiast case packed with many small, sophisticated innovations that make the Tower one of the best in its class.
The features of the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Midi Towers at a glance
- Especially noble Midi-Tower for motherboards up to E-ATX
- Integrated, digitally addressable RGB LED lighting
- Side doors made of tempered glass with rubberized support surfaces
- Revised design for more airflow & hardware compatibility
- Space for up to 435 mm long graphics cards
- Can accommodate two 360mm radiators simultaneously
- Dual system: optionally two systems are possible in one tower
- Up to nine SSDs and ten hard disks simultaneously possible
Enthoo Evolv X: Midi tower for water-cooled high-end systems
The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Midi-Tower offers a lot of space for hardware and can, for example, accommodate up to 435 mm long graphics cards that can be installed either horizontally or vertically. For the vertical installation of a graphics card, the housing offers three slot covers, so that the graphics card can either be mounted with enough space to the side panel or even space behind the graphics card for other plug-in cards remains free.
The tower is designed for motherboards up to the E-ATX standard and supports for cooling the hardware both large CPU cooler up to a height of 190 mm, as well as water cooling. Up to two 360 mm radiators simultaneously can be installed in the premium housing in the front or the lid at the same time. A maximum of one 420 mm radiator can be mounted in the front. Thus, the housing for AiO and custom water cooling is predestined.
Especially for the installation of a custom water cooling, the Dutch housing manufacturer has come up with some interesting solutions. Thus, the radiator in the lid can conveniently be mounted outside the tower on a removable bracket, which also has fasteners for cables. Another highlight of the housing are the recesses for filler ports ("fill port") in the cover and drain valves (front, "drain port").
If you want to curb your system with traditional air cooling, you benefit from enlarged inlet openings in the front and enlarged mesh surfaces in the lid, which of course also benefits water-cooled systems. Up to nine fans can be controlled via a PWM fan lift. The case comes with three preinstalled 140mm fans, two in the front and one in the back.
A total of three 120-mm fans can be mounted in the front and the lid, while the rear receives a 120 or 140 fan. In the front, even three 140 -mm fans can be installed, while the top two 140-fan picks up. The radiator support also has this in mind: a maximum of one 420 mm radiator (3x 140 mm) or one 360 mm heat exchanger (3x 120 mm) can be installed in the front, while a 280 mm or 360 mm radiator can be installed in the radiator Lid fits.
Timeless design with integrated digital RGB LED lighting
The distinctive design elements of the Enthoo Evolv series are also retained on the Evolv X and are complemented by colorful lighting effects. Both behind the front panel and the power supply cover, addressable digital RGB LEDs illuminate the media tower. The LEDs can either be controlled via the front panel (Color-Mode, Cycling) or via software via the mainboard. Supported are ASUS Aura Sync (adressable) and MSI Mystic Light Sync Rainbow.
The hard glass side doors are held by two hinges and can be fixed from the inside over the front using thumbscrews. The edges of the glass doors are provided with a rubber coating, which laterally seal the housing, which improves the airflow in the housing. To further optimize the draft, the air intakes in the front and the exhaust outlets in the lid were enlarged.
The redesigned power supply cover also has a recess through which the power supply can be viewed. At the same time, the PSU-Shroud has an RGB LED strip and a concealed lead-through for cables. In addition to the mainboard tray are also cable glands, which can be increased or reduced by moving covers if necessary.
Behind the mainboard cables can be managed with the help of Velcro fasteners. The cables are also hidden by two covers, so that no cables are visible through the side panel. Only the back of the motherboard and the "drop'n'lock" devices for three optional SSD mounts can be seen. However, the covers not only hide the cables, but also each accommodate three SSDs, so that a total of up to nine SSDs can be mounted behind the motherboard.
Server-compatible gaming case with optional dual-system case
Up to nine SSDs can be mounted in the Phantks Enthoo Evolv X, with three 2.5-inch drives each mounted on the two cable covers. Three additional SSDs can be mounted behind the motherboard via optional SSD holders (article number: GEPH-010). The premium case comes with four stackable hard drive brackets, which can be installed either in front of the power supply or next to the mainboard. A total of up to ten 3.5-inch hard drives can be accommodated - if you buy six of the optional brackets (item number: GEPH-093).
Another highlight of the Midi-Tower is the possibility to record two systems simultaneously. In addition to the (E) ATX system, an optional mini-ITX motherboard can be installed in the lid via an optional holder (article number: GEPH-092). If a graphics card is required for this system, it can be connected via optional PCIe riser cable, e.g. be mounted in the vertical PCIe slots. As a CPU cooler, a small fan or AiO water cooling can be used for the second system.
- Dimensions: 240 x 520 x 520 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: about 15 kg
- Material: steel (chassis), aluminum (3mm, front, cover), tempered glass (sides)
- Form factor: E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
Total fan possible:
- 3x 140/120 mm (front)
- 2x 140 / 3x 120 mm (cover)
- 1x 140/120 mm (back)
- 2 × 140 mm (front, PH-F140MP 3-pin version)
- 1 × 140 mm (rear, PH-F140MP 3-pin version)
- Radiator mountings (partial waiver of HDD and / or fan slots):
- 1x max. 420/360 mm (front side)
- 1x max. 140/120 mm (back side)
- 1x max. 280/360 mm (cover)
- Filter: front, power supply (removable)
- 4x 3.5 inches (internal, decoupled, + 6x optional with additional HDD bracket available)
- 6x 2.5 inches (internal; + 3x via optional SSD brackets behind the motherboard tray with "Drop-n-Lock")
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 7
I / O panel:
- 1x USB 3.1 type C
- 2x USB 3.0
- 1x Audio In / Out
- 2x RGB control (mode, color)
- Maximum graphics card length: 435
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 190 mm
- Maximum depth front radiator + fan: 95 mm
- Maximum depth of top radiator + fan: 65 mm
- 3x 140mm fan (pre-installed)
- 1x fan lift (preinstalled)
- 4x hard disk holder, stackable
- 1x vertical graphics card holder
- 1x anti-sag mount for GPU
- 1x Airflow cover
- 1x screw box