The Evolv Shift 2 Air only takes up a very small footprint, but thanks to its interesting layout it can accommodate powerful gaming hardware in the cleverly designed interior. The Shift Air cuts a fine figure in every living room with its aluminum surfaces and fine mesh fabric.
The features of the PHANTEKS Evolv Shift 2 Air Mini-ITX case
- Striking design with anodized aluminum
- Both side panels made of fine nylon mesh
- The perfect housing for stylish living room PCs
- Vertical installation of mainboard and graphics card
- A PCIe riser card is included
- Space for graphics cards up to 2.9 slots in height and 33.5 cm in length
- A pre-installed 140 mm PWM fan, a total of 3x 120/140 mm fans possible
- Evolv Shift 2 Air: Noble PC case for the living room
The Evolv Shift 2 Air offers space for large gaming graphics cards up to 33.5 cm long and, according to PHANTEKS, is designed for the use of an AiO water cooler whose radiator can be 120 mm in size. With its surfaces made of aluminum and mesh fabric, the Mini-ITX housing fits seamlessly into any designer living space.
The highlight of the Evolv Shift 2 Air is the unique internal layout: The mini-ITX mainboard is installed parallel to the graphics card with the back panel facing up. The connections of the I / O panel and the graphics card are hidden under a cover, whereby all connected cables can be routed through a feed-through in the rear. The magnetic flap can be opened at the push of a button. For the build process, all four side panels can be removed for easier access to the interior.
Cooling, data storage & other features
There is a pre-installed 140 mm fan in the Evolv Shift 2 Air ex works, which discharges the warmed air through the rear of the case at the level of the mainboard. A 120 or 140 mm fan can be installed in the floor, while another 120 or 140 mm fan or a 120 mm radiator can be installed in the rear. In addition, waste heat generated by the hardware can escape through the ventilation slots in the lid. Fresh, cool air can enter the housing from all sides through the mesh, at the same time the fabric is so tightly meshed that it also serves as a dust filter. This means that both a vertical and a horizontal air flow can be implemented to cool even powerful hardware. There is also a dust filter on the floor.
A 3.5-inch hard drive can be attached to the front and two more SSDs can be placed in the front using the two enclosed SSD brackets. The plate on the back of the front on which the HDD is mounted can be removed to facilitate the installation of the hardware. Alternatively, it can be replaced by an optional dual SSD bracket to accommodate two additional SSDs.
The I / O panel of the Mini-ITX housing is located at the bottom front and offers two USB 3.0 ports for gaming peripherals or external USB hard drives and USB sticks. In the usual PHANTEKS manner, there are also several fixings with Velcro fasteners for cable management and rubberized cable bushings in the design housing.
- Dimensions: 170 x 490 x 274 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 4.9 kg
- Material: steel, aluminum, mesh fabric
- Color: Black
- Form factor: Mini-ITX
- Total fans possible:
- 2x 140/120 mm (rear)
- 1x 140/120 mm (floor)
- 1x 140 mm (rear)
- Radiator mountings (partial waiver of fan slots):
- 1x max. 157 x 148 x 45 (with SFX-PSU) or 30 (with SFX-L-PSU) mm (L x W x D, rear)
- Filter: front, back, bottom (removable)
- Drive bays:
- 1x 3.5 inch
- 4x 2.5 inches (internal, a dual SSD bracket is included, additional brackets can be purchased separately)
- Power supply: 1x SFX or SFX-L (optional)
- Expansion slots: 2
I / O panel:
- 2x USB 3.0
- Maximum dimensions of the graphics card: 335 x 59 x 150 mm (L x W x H), 2.9 slots
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 85 mm
- Guarantee: 5 years