The housing offers plenty of space for high-performance hardware and large radiators. The built-in components can be admired through the large tempered glass side panel and the mesh front in combination with the other ventilation openings ensures excellent airflow. The pre-installed fans and light strips with digitally addressable RGB lighting put the system in the limelight.
The features of the PHANTEKS Eclipse P500A D-RGB at a glance:
- Excellent midi tower for mainboards up to E-ATX
- Allows the installation of a second system using an optional bracket
- Tilted tempered glass side door for quick access
- 3x 140 mm RGB fans pre-installed, a total of 6x 140 mm or 7x 120 mm fans possible
- Addressable RGB lighting including controller
- Space for radiators up to 420 mm
- Graphics cards up to 435 mm, vertical installation possible, CPU cooler up to 190 mm
- Including 2x 3.5 / 2.5 and 3x 2.5-inch slots, up to 10x 3.5 / 2.5 slots with accessories possible
-I / O panel with 1x USB 3.1 Type C and 2x USB 3.0 Type A
PHANTEKS Eclipse P500A D-RGB: Midi tower with excellent cooling properties
PHANTEKS equips the Eclipse P500A D-RGB with extensive options for the placement of case fans. A total of up to seven 120 or six 140 fans can be distributed in the housing: three 120 or 140 mm models on the front, three 120 or two 140 mm fans on the cover and one 120 or 140 on the rear wall. The manufacturer provides a maximum height of 190 millimeters for large processor coolers. Three 140-millimeter fans with digitally addressable RGB lighting are pre-installed at the factory on the front of the housing.
If you prefer a custom or complete water cooling system, the PHANTEKS P500A D-RGB has a lot to offer: A 360 or 420 triple radiator can be attached to the front, a 360 triple or 280 dual radiator on the lid and one The back of a single radiator with 120 or 140 millimeters. An opening for a drain port is prepared on the front. Since the chassis corresponds to that of the Enthoo Evolv X and Eclipse P600S, the Glacier D140 Distro-Plate (item no .: WAAU-534) can also be mounted on the rear wall.
Lots of space for hard drives and SSDs
From the Evolv X, the Eclipse P500A D-RGB also inherited the option of accommodating numerous drives in it. With the included modular drive cages, two 3.5 / 2.5-inch drives can be installed under the power supply cover. Three 2.5-inch drives can also be attached to the rear of the mainboard tray.
With accessories available separately, two more 3.5 / 2.5-inch cages can be stored under the power supply cover and six can be accommodated in the front area of the housing. The associated brackets (GEPH-093) are available from PHANTEKS as accessories. Optical drives are not provided in the PHANTEKS Eclipse P500A D-RGB.
The design of the PHANTEKS Eclipse P500A D-RGB
The PHANTEKS Eclipse P500A D-RGB offered here convinces optically with its clear lines and the elegant, no-frills design in white with black accents. The digitally addressable RGB lighting of the three pre-installed 140 mm fans shines through the trapezoidal mesh front of the PHANTEKS Eclipse P500A D-RGB. The RGB trim strip on the upper edge of the power supply cover comes into its own through the side part made of tempered glass.
The I / O panel on the lid of the PHANTEKS Eclipse P500A D-RGB offers a USB 3.1 Type-C connection, two USB 3.0 Type-A ports and a power button. A combined 3.5 mm jack socket for headsets is also provided. There is a color and a mode button on the housing for controlling the integrated RGB controller.
The RGB controller works independently. Using a 3-pin RGB connector (5V / D / - / G), the lighting of the devices connected to the RGB controller can also be via mainboard interfaces such as ASUS Aura Sync, MSI Mystic Light Sync, ASRock Polychrome Sync and Gigabyte RGB Fusion controlled.
Three vertical slots for graphics cards
The PHANTEKS Eclipse P500A D-RGB offers seven horizontal slots for expansion cards. If no HDD brackets and fans are installed at the front, the graphics card can be up to 435 millimeters long. With fans, it is 410 millimeters. A graphics card can also be installed vertically. The housing provides three vertical expansion slots so that high-performance models can also be assembled.
A corresponding x16 riser cable is not included in the housing, but is available separately (GEPH-097, GEPH-098).
- Dimensions: 240 x 510 x 505 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: about 8 kg
- Material: steel, tempered glass, plastic
- Color: white / black
- Form factor: E-ATX (up to 280 mm wide), ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Total fans possible:
- 3x 140/120 mm (front)
- 2x 140 / 3x 120 mm (cover)
- 1x 140/120 mm (rear)
- 3x 140 mm PHANTEKS SK140 D-RGB (3-pin connector, 500-1,500 rpm, front)
- Radiator mountings (partial waiver of HDD and / or fan slots):
- 1x max. 360/420 mm (front)
- 1x max. 120/140 mm (back)
- 1x max. 360/280 mm (lid)
- Filters: front, cover, power supply (removable)
- Drive bays:
- 2x 3.5 / 2.5 inch (internal; decoupled; + 8x optionally with additionally available HDD brackets)
- 3x 2.5 inches (internal)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion slots: 7 + 3 (vertical)
I / O panel:
- 1x USB 3.1 Type C
- 2x USB 3.0 type A
- 1x 3.5 mm jack (4-pin, audio in / out)
- Internal connections:
- 1x Power SW
- 1x HDD LED
- 1x HD audio
- 1x USB 3.0
- 1x USB Type C
- 1x 3-pin RGB (5V / D / - / G)
- 1x 3-pin RGB extension cable (5V / D / - / G)
- 1x 3-pin PHANTEKS RGB extension cable (5V / D / G)
- 1x SATA power
- Maximum graphics card length: 410 mm (435 mm without fan, 294 mm with HDD cages)
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 190 mm
- Maximum power supply length: 250 mm (195 mm with four HDD cages)
- Maximum depth of front radiator + fan: 95 mm
-Maximum depth of top radiator + fan: 65 mm
Scope of delivery:
- 3x 140 mm fans with RGB lighting (pre-installed)
- 2x hard drive cage, stackable
- 1x graphics card support
- 1x vertical graphics card holder
- 1x screw box