The fan runs pleasantly quiet with a maximum of 22.8 dB (A) and still offers an air throughput of up to 78.9 m³ / h and a static pressure of 2.28 mm H2O.
The features of the Noctua NF-A9 5V PWM fan at a glance:
- SSO2 bearings for high performance, quiet operation and long life
- Pressure-optimized rotor blades with high static pressure & high flow rate
- 5V version incl. USB and OmniJoin adapter cable for maximum compatibility
- Flow Acceleration Channels for a smoother running sound
- 2,000 revolutions per minute at 78.9 m³ / h & 22.8 dB (A)
- PWM control between 400 and 2,000 RPM
- Convincing quality with 6 years manufacturer's warranty
The Noctua NF-A9 5V PWM in detail
The 5V fan can be powered by the USB adapter on USB power supplies and power banks for smartphones. With the OmniJoin adapter set and the integrated reverse polarity protection it is also possible to safely install the fan in many devices with proprietary fan connections such as 3D printers, digital video recorders or network and storage solutions.
The PWM version is equipped with a fully automatic cruise control. Their performance-oriented maximum speed and comprehensive speed control options make the NF-A9 5V PWM a top-of-the-line solution for users who want a perfect balance between excellent cooling performance and super quiet running.
The impeller of the NF-A9 5V PWM is equipped on the suction side with so-called flow acceleration channels. Acceleration of the airflow in the critical outer regions of the fan blades reduces suction vortex shedding, resulting in higher efficiency and lower turbulence-related noise emissions. Noctua's Advance Acoustic Optimization (AAO) frames incorporate built-in vibration bumpers, as well as a stepped inlet area (Stepped Inlet Design) and an interior microstructure (Inner Surface Microstructures) for even better performance / noise efficiency.
Made of extra-soft silicone anti-vibration pads reduce the transmission of minimal vibration and are compatible with all standard screws and commercially available mounting systems or fan brackets used in CPU coolers. The fan is equipped with the further optimized second generation of Noctua's proven SSO storage system. With SSO2, the back magnet sits closer to the fan axis for even better stabilization, resulting in further improved precision and durability.
Noctua's fans are known for their impeccable quality and outstanding longevity. Like all Noctua fans, the NF-A9 5V PWM has an MTBF specification of over 150,000 hours and comes with a full 6-year manufacturer's warranty.
The fan is not suitable for operation on motherboard headers due to the 5V specification.
- Dimensions: 80 x 80 x 25 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: Plastic
- Speed: 450 - 2,200 rpm
- Max. Flow rate: 55.5 m³ / h
- Max. Static pressure: 2.37 mm H2O
- Max. Volume: 17.7 dB (A)
- Voltage: 5V
- Power consumption: 0.75 W, 0.15 A.
- Connection: 4-pin PWM
- Life expectancy: 150,000 h
- Manufacturer's warranty: 6 years
- USB power adapter cable
- OmniJoin Adapter Set
- 30 cm cable extension
- 4x fan screws
- 4x vibration inhibitor