The Intel Pentium Gold processors from the Coffee Lake generation have two CPU cores including Hyper-Threading and high clock rates - and only 54 watts TDP!
The Intel Pentium Gold G5400 at a glance:
- 2 physical cores, 4 logical cores thanks to SMT!
- 3.7 GHz base clock at 54 watts TDP
- 4 megabytes of L3 cache
- Support for DDR4-2.400 (Dual Channel)
- Intel HD Graphics 610 Graphics Unit
- Only compatible with motherboards with Intel chipset of the 300 series!
- Attention: Boxed version with processor cooler!
The Intel Pentium Gold G5400: Two-core hyper-threaded processor
The Intel Pentium Gold G5400 has a high clock speed of 3.7 GHz, which provides neat power in games and applications. The L3 cache has a capacity of 4 megabytes, the Thermal Design Power (TDP) is 54 watts and as Pentium Gold, this dual-core processor has Intel's Hyper-Threading technology and can thus not only two, but four Execute threads simultaneously.
A major difference to the Skylake and Kaby Lake generation is that Coffee Lake is designed only for the fast and efficient DDR4 memory. The dual- and quad-core processors therefore support a maximum standard clock of 2,400 MHz, whereas the six-core processors allow up to 2,666 MHz standard clock. Intel's LGA 1151 will remain as a socket, but it is imperative to use a motherboard with a 300 series chipset, otherwise the processor could be damaged due to the changed power supply.
In direct comparison with the 200 series, the 300 series can convince with an optimized power supply for the entire CPU, which has improved the overclocking possibilities. The integrated graphics unit called Intel HD Graphics 610 offers more than enough graphics power for Intel Quick Sync, GPU computing and, of course, one or the other game in between. Furthermore, the graphics unit DirectX 12 with the feature level 12_1, OpenGL 4.4 and OpenCL 2.0 also supports the playback of 4K, UHD resolutions at 60 Hz via DisplayPort - assuming a corresponding mainboard.
This boxed version of the processor includes a matching CPU cooler from Intel.
- Intel Pentium Gold G5400 ("Coffee Lake")
- Production: 14 nm PlusPlus
- 2/4 (physical / virtual)
- Basic clock: 3.7 GHz
- Level 3 cache: 4 MB
- Level 2 cache: 512 kB (2x 256 kB)
- Memory controller: internal
- Memory channels: 2
- Memory standard: DDR4 (2,400 MHz)
- Integrated graphics unit:
- Intel UHD Graphics 610 (12 EUs, max 1050 MHz)
- 54/58 watts
- Socket compatibility:
- LGA 1151
- Chipset Compatibility:
- 300 series from Intel