The Intel Core i3 processors from the Coffee Lake generation have four CPU cores and high clock rates - and with only 62 watts TDP!
The Intel Core i3-8300 at a glance:
- 4 physical cores with a lot of power
- 3.7 GHz clock at 62 watts TDP
- 8 megabytes of L3 cache
- Support for DDR4-2.400 (Dual Channel)
- Revised UHD Graphics 630 graphics unit
- Only compatible with motherboards with Intel chipset of the 300 series!
- Attention: Tray version without processor cooler & OVP!
The Intel Core i3-8300: Powerful quad-core processor
The Intel Core i3-8300 has a high clock speed of 3.7 GHz, which provides neat power in games and applications. The L3 cache has improved to 8 megabytes and the Thermal Design Power (TDP) is 62 watts.
A major difference to the Skylake and Kaby Lake generation is that Coffee Lake is designed only for the fast and efficient DDR4 memory. The quad-core processors therefore support a maximum standard clock of 2,400 MHz, whereas the six-core processors allow up to 2,666 MHz standard clock. Intel's LGA 1151 will remain as a socket, but it is imperative to use a motherboard with a 300 series chipset, otherwise the processor could be damaged due to the changed power supply.
In direct comparison with the 200 series, the 300 series can convince with an optimized power supply for the entire CPU, which has improved the overclocking possibilities. The integrated graphics unit has also been optimized in terms of clock and drivers and has now been named Intel HD Graphics UHD 630. With its 24 execution units, it offers more than enough graphics power for Intel Quick Sync, GPU computing and, of course, one or the other game in between. Furthermore, the graphics unit DirectX 12 with the feature level 12_1, OpenGL 4.5 and OpenCL 2.0 also supports the playback of 4K, UHD resolutions at 60 Hz via DisplayPort - assuming a corresponding mainboard.
This is the tray version of the processor. A CPU cooler and the packaging are therefore not included.
- Intel Core i3-8300 ("Coffee Lake")
- Production: 14 nm PlusPlus
- 4/4 (physical / virtual)
- Basic clock: 3.7 GHz
- Level 3 cache: 8 MB
- Level 2 cache: 1 MB (4x 256 kB)
- Memory controller: internal
- Memory channels: 2
- Memory standard: DDR4 (2,400 MHz)
- Integrated graphics unit:
- Intel UHD Graphics 630 (24 EUs, max 1,150 MHz)
- 62 watts
- Socket compatibility:
- LGA 1151
- Chipset Compatibility:
- 300 series from Intel