Design features include clean lines and an RGB strip that goes through the front and lid of the case. The left side wall and the lid are also made of dark colored tempered glass. The Vector RS Dark TG offers many options for custom water cooling and provides deep insights into its interior.
The Fractal Design Vector RS Dark TG with tempered glass in the overview:
- Top and left outer wall of dark tinted tempered glass
- Digitally addressable RGB LED strip pervades front and lid
- Space for one 360 mm radiator in the front and in the lid
- Up to 420 mm radiator in the lid, space for up to four radiators
- Modular design: optional mesh top cover included
- Up to 465 mm long graphics cards, CPU cooler up to 185 mm
- Includes ARGB controller and three Dynamic X2 GP-14 140's fans
- Removable dust filter in front, bottom and lid
Vector RS Dark TG: Much temper glass ensures transparency
The Vector RS Dark TG is a midi-tower with showcase elements from Fractal Design: The top and the left side wall have a large area with dark colored tempered glass and allow a discreet view of the hardware from many angles. The interior is generously sized and offers numerous options for installing high-performance components as well as the cooling components required for operation.
Cooling with air and water
In total, up to nine fans can be installed in the Vector RS Dark TG: one in the back wall, two in the bottom and three each in the front and - using the enclosed bracket - also in the lid. All nine fan slots are suitable for 120 and 140 fan. The factory pre-installed three Dynamic X2 GP-14 fans in 140-millimeter format. For CPU coolers are provided up to 185 millimeters height.
The housing is optimized for the installation of custom water coolers: In the front, a 360 or 280 mm radiator can be installed. An optional top cover included with the scope of delivery for three 120/140 fans and a dust filter can be installed in the cover instead of the tempered glass pane. A 360/420 radiator can be attached to it as long as the combination of radiator and fans is not deeper than 36mm. Another heat exchanger in 240/280-millimeter format fits into the case back. The back can accommodate a 120 millimeter radiator as a replacement for the pre-installed fan.
Space and I / O panel
Graphics cards can be up to 44 cm long, without installed front fans even up to 46.5 centimeters. Thanks to the two additional, vertical extension slots, the graphics card can also be installed vertically. All drives are mounted on the back of the mainboard tray: in the front area, three individually removable cages allow the installation of one 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch disk each. In addition, there are two 2.5-inch drive mounts in the rear, which can be mounted in five different positions in the chassis.
The controls on the I / O panel are located on the top of the chassis, including a USB 3.1 Type C port, two additional USB 3.0 ports, and two audio ports. Removable dust filters are housed in the sides of the front cover. Another dust filter covers the entire floor and can also be removed.
Stylish RGB LED lighting
The Fractal Design Vector RS Dark TG is equipped with a stylish digitally addressable RGB LED lighting in the form of an LED strip. This runs through both the front and the top of the housing. The LED strip is controlled and synchronized via the RGB controller Adjust R1, which is also enclosed. It offers a choice of eight pre-set colors, five brightness levels and six lighting modes at the push of a button, and allows synchronization via ASUS Aura, Gigabyte Fusion, MSI Mystic Light and ASRock Polychrome.
Pre-installed PWM fan controller
Fractal Design delivers the Vector RS Dark TG from the factory with the Nexus +, a PWM-controlled fan hub. This provides connectivity for a total of nine fans with four-pin PWM connector and is powered by a SATA power connector.
- Dimensions: 233 x 498 x 552 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, tempered glass, plastic
- Weight: approx. 12.64 kg
- Color: Black
- Form factor: E-ATX (up to 285 mm width), ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
Total possible fan:
- 3x 120/140 mm (front side)
- 1x 120/140 mm (back)
- 2x 120/140 mm (floor)
- 3x 120/140 mm (lid, with corresponding top cover)
- Front: 2x 140 mm (Dynamic X2 GP-14)
- Rear: 1x 140 mm (Dynamic X2 GP-14)
- Nexus + PWM fan hub:
- 9x 4-pin PWM fan connector
- Power supply: 1x SATA power
- Signal input: 1x 4-pin PWM
- Adjust R1 RGB controller:
- Connection: 3-pin RGB (5VDG)
- Filter (removable): bottom, front, lid (optional)
- 1x max. 360/280 mm (front)
- 1x max. 360/420 mm (cover, max 36 mm incl. Fan, with modular top cover)
- 1x max. 240/280 mm (floor)
- 1x 120 mm (back)
- 4x 2.5 inches (internal) (2x included)
- 11x 3.5 / 2.5 inches (internal) (6x inclusive)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 7 + 2 Vertical
I / O panel:
- 1x USB 3.1 type C
- 2x USB 3.0
- 1x reset button
- 1x power button
- 1x 3.5 mm jack (audio-in)
- 1x 3.5 mm jack (audio out)
- Maximum graphics card length: max. 465 (440 mm with front fans installed)
- Maximum CPU cooler height: max. 185 mm
- Maximum network part length: max. 300 mm (without fan in the floor)