This variant of the case from Fractal Designs Meshify series is able to accommodate large E-ATX or SSI-EEB boards. Here, too, Fractal Design relies on a modular structure, the front inner wall, for example, can be moved forward to accommodate up to 11 HDDs behind it.
Visually it stands out with its stylish design and the metal mesh grille that hangs on the hinges. The mesh consists of asymmetrically distributed triangles that are modeled on the surface of diamonds and also serves as a dust filter. Thanks to the mesh elements, the Meshify 2 XL knows how to please with a good airflow inside and can accommodate particularly powerful gaming hardware and up to four radiators.
The Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL Big-Tower at a glance
- Elegant design with large mesh surfaces - optimized for high airflow
- Soundproofed side wall and cover
- Mesh front on hinges with separate, modular dust filter
- Side part made of dark-tinted tempered glass
- 9x 140 mm or 11x 120 mm fans possible - 3x 140 mm pre-installed
- Space for up to 480 mm radiators in the lid and on the front
- Graphics cards up to 549 mm (524 mm with front fan) & CPU coolers up to 185 mm
- Magnetic dust filter on the lid, removable dust filter on the bottom
- 18x 2.5 "/ 3.5" HDDs & 5x 2.5 "SSDs & 3 vertical slots for expansion cards
- I / O panel with 1x USB 3.1 type C, 2x USB 3.0 type A and audio in / out
The Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL: Big-Tower in a modular design
A large mesh area dominates the front of the Big Tower Meshify 2 XL by Fractal Design and the asymmetrical diamond structure of the metal grid creates an impressive 3D effect. The front is attached to hinges, can simply be opened or completely removed and also serves as a dust filter.
As if made for water cooling
A 420 or 480 mm radiator can be installed behind the front and, alternatively, the two 140 mm fans pre-installed there can be supplemented with another or replaced by four 120 mm fans. A large 480 or 420 radiator can be installed in the cover. Alternatively, four 120 or three 140 fans can also be attached here. There is still space on the floor for a 280 or 240 mm radiator or two 120 mm or 140 mm fans.
Optimized for many drives
The modular structure of the Big-Tower Meshify 2 XL by Fractal Design is particularly beneficial for those who need plenty of hard drives for their design workstation. As standard there are four mounting positions for 3.5 or 2.5 inch drives in two HDD cages under the power supply cover. There are also two dedicated 2.5-inch slots directly on the back of the mainboard tray. An additional 2.5-inch drive can be attached to the rear of the front partition with a separately available SSD bracket.
If the modular front partition is moved to the front, further drives can be installed behind it. Then the number increases to up to 16 HDDs. Six of the brackets required for this are included. With the two enclosed multi brackets, additional 3.5-inch data carriers or pumps can be attached to unused fan slots.
Plenty of space for gaming hardware
Graphics cards with installed front fans can be up to 524 mm long, without fans there is 549 mm of space. When converting to a hard drive battery, the available space for graphics cards is reduced to 359 mm. In addition to SSI-EEB, E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX mainboards, up to nine expansion cards can be installed in the case, one of them in the 3-slot-wide, vertical position using an optional riser Card.
In the Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL, CPU coolers with a height of up to 185 mm can be installed. Power supplies can be up to 250 mm long if both HDD cages are retained. They disappear under a power supply cover. It has a removable flap on the front, for example to create space for a front radiator or to facilitate the installation of fans or a radiator on the floor.
The I / O panel is attached to the top of the elegant case. The I / O panel has a USB 3.1 Type C, two USB 3.0 ports and two audio sockets as well as the beautifully designed power button and an inconspicuous status LED. Three Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP 140 mm fans provide a very strong airflow ex works and remain very quiet. The magnetic dust filter on the lid can be replaced by a solid cover with sound insulation.
Case fans or fans for radiators can be connected to the integrated fan hub, which is supplied with power via a SATA cable and can be connected to a mainboard in order to receive a speedometer signal. Three 4-pin fans and six 3-pin fans can be connected to the hub itself. There is 30 mm space left for cable management.
- Dimensions: 240 x 566 x 600 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, tempered glass, plastic
- Weight: approx. 16.4 kg
- Color: Black
- Form factor: SSI-EEB, E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Total fans possible:
- 4x 120 / 3x 140 mm (front)
- 1x 120/140 mm (rear)
- 2x 120/140 mm (floor)
-4x 120 / 3x 140 mm (cover)
-2x 140 mm (front)
- 1x 140 mm (rear)
- Dust filter: front, bottom, lid
- Radiator mountings:
-1x max. 420/480 mm (front)
- 1x max. 120 mm (rear)
-1x max. 420/480 mm (cover)
- 1x 240/280 mm (floor)
- Drive bays:
- Standard layout:
-4x 3.5 / 2.5 inch (internal)
-2x 2.5 inches (internal, + 1x with optional SSD bracket)
- Storage layout:
- 10x 3.5-inch (internal, up to 18x with optional HDD trays and multi brackets)
- 4x 2.5-inch (internal)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional) up to 250 mm length with installed HDD cages
- Expansion slots: 9 + 3 (vertical)
- -I / O panel:
- 1x USB 3.1 Type C
-2x USB 3.0
- 2x 3.5 mm jack (1x audio in / out each)
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 185 mm
- Maximum graphics card length:
- Standard layout:
- 524/549 mm (with front fan / without front fan)
- Storage layout:
- 359 mm
- More about this source textSource text required for additional translation information
- Send feedback
- Side panels