This variant of the case from Fractal Designs Meshify series is able to accommodate large E-ATX boards up to 285 mm. Here, too, Fractal Design relies on a modular structure, the front inner wall, for example, can be moved forward to accommodate up to 11 HDDs behind it.
Visually it stands out with its stylish design and the metal mesh grille that hangs on the hinges. Behind it is a removable dust filter. The mesh consists of asymmetrically distributed triangles that are modeled on the surface of diamonds. Thanks to the mesh elements, the Meshify 2 knows how to please with a good airflow inside and can also accommodate powerful gaming hardware and up to four radiators.
The Fractal Design Meshify 2 Midi-Tower at a glance
- Elegant design with large mesh surfaces - optimized for high airflow
- Soundproofed side wall and cover
- Mesh front on hinges with separate, modular dust filter
- Side part made of tempered glass
- 9 fans possible - 3x 140 mm pre-installed
-Space for up to 420 mm radiator on the lid, 360 mm on the front
- Graphics cards up to 491 mm (467 mm with front fan) & CPU coolers up to 185 mm
- Magnetic dust filter on the lid, removable dust filters on the bottom and front
- Up to 11x 2.5 "/ 3.5" HDDs & 4x 2.5 "SSDs & 2 vertical slots for expansion cards
- Front panel with 1x USB 3.1 type C, 2x USB 3.0 type A and audio in / out
The Fractal Design Meshify 2: Midi-Tower in a modular design
A large mesh area dominates the front of the midi tower Meshify 2 by Fractal Design and the asymmetrical diamond structure of the metal grid creates an impressive 3D effect. The front is attached to hinges and can easily be opened. The fine dust filter behind it can be removed in order to optimize the already good airflow again.
As if made for water cooling
A 280 or 360 mm radiator can be installed behind the front and, alternatively, the two 140 mm fans pre-installed there can be replaced by three 120 mm fans. A large 360 or 420 triple radiator can be installed in the lid. Alternatively, three 120 or 140 fans can be installed there. There is still space on the floor for a 240 or 280 mm radiator or two 120 mm or 140 mm fans.
Optimized for many drives
The modular structure of the Midi-Tower Meshify 2 from Fractal Design is particularly beneficial for those who need plenty of hard drives for their design workstation. As standard, there are two mounting locations for 3.5 or 2.5 inch drives under the power supply cover in an HDD cage. There are also two dedicated 2.5-inch bays directly on the back of the mainboard tray with the help of the enclosed brackets. Two more 2.5-inch drives can be attached to the power supply cover. There is still space for an HDD or SSD on the back of the front partition.
If the modular front partition is moved to the front, further drives can be installed behind it. Then the number increases to up to 9 HDDs. 6 of the HDD brackets required for this are included. With the enclosed multi-bracket, data carriers or pumps can be attached to unused fan slots.
Plenty of space for gaming hardware
Graphics cards with installed front fans can be up to 467 mm long, without fans there is 491 mm of space. When converting to a hard disk battery, the available space for graphics cards is reduced to 315 mm. In addition to E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX mainboards, up to nine expansion cards can be installed in the housing, one of them in the vertical position using an optional riser card.
In the Fractal Design Meshify 2, CPU coolers with a height of up to 185 mm can be installed. Power supplies can be up to 250 mm long if the HDD cage is retained. They disappear under a power supply cover. It has a removable flap on the front, for example to create space for a front radiator or to facilitate the installation of fans or a radiator on the floor.
The I / O panel is attached to the top of the elegant case. The I / O panel has a USB 3.1 Type C, two USB 3.0 ports and two audio sockets as well as the beautifully designed power button and an inconspicuous status LED. Three Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP 140 mm fans provide a very strong airflow ex works and remain very quiet. Up to six additional fans can be installed in the cover, front and bottom. The magnetic dust filter on the lid can be replaced by a solid cover with sound insulation.
Case fans or fans for radiators can be connected to the integrated fan hub, which is supplied with power via a SATA cable and can be connected to a mainboard in order to receive a speedometer signal. Three 4-pin fans and six 3-pin fans can be connected to the hub itself.
- Dimensions: 240 x 474 x 542 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, tempered glass, plastic
- Weight: approx. 10.5 kg
- Color white
- Form factor: E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Total fans possible:
- 3x 120/140 mm (front)
- 1x 120/140 mm (rear)
- 2x 120/140 mm (floor)
- 3x 120/140 mm (cover)
- 2x 140 mm (front)
- 1x 140 mm (rear)
- Dust filter: front, bottom, lid
- Radiator mountings:
- 1x max. 280/360 mm (front)
- 1x max. 120 mm (rear)
- 1x max. 360/420 mm (cover)
- 1x 240/280 mm (floor)
- Drive bays:
- Standard layout:
- 3x 3.5 / 2.5 inch (internal)
- 4x 2.5 inches (internal)
- Storage layout:
- - 8x 3.5- / 2.5-inch (internal, up to 11x with optional HDD trays)
-4x 2.5-inch (internal)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional) up to 250 mm length with installed HDD cage
- Expansion slots: 7 + 2 (vertical)
- I / O panel:
- 1x USB 3.1 Type C
- 2x USB 3.0
- 2x 3.5 mm jack (1x audio in / out each)
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 185 mm
- Maximum graphics card length:
- Standard layout:
- 467/491 mm (with front fan / without front fan)
- Storage layout:
- 315 mm