The design features include a clear lines and front, lid and side walls made of tempered glass. The Define S2 offers many options for custom water cooling and provides deep insights into its interior.
The Fractal Design Define S2 Vision with Tempered Glass in the overview:
- Front, top and outer walls of tinted tempered glass
- Space for one 360 mm radiator in the front and in the lid
- Numerous mounting system options for water cooling systems
- Up to 440 mm long graphics cards
- Replaceable top panel with fan holder and dust filter
- Modular dust filter in front, bottom and lid
- Define S2 Vision: Much tempered glass ensures transparency
The Define S2 Vision is a midi-tower with showcase elements from Fractal Design: The front side, the cover of the top side and both side walls have a large area of tempered glass and allow a view of the hardware from many angles. The interior is generously sized and offers numerous options for installing high-performance components as well as the cooling components required for operation.
Cooling with air and water
In total, up to nine fans can be installed in the Define S2 Vision: one in the back panel, two in the bottom and three each in the front and - using the enclosed bracket - also in the lid. All nine fan slots are suitable for 120 and 140 fan. The factory pre-installed four Dynamic X2 GP-14 fans in 140-millimeter format. For CPU coolers are provided up to 185 millimeters height.
The housing is optimized for the installation of custom water coolers: In the front a 360 mm radiator can be installed. A prepared template with fan holes and a circular opening for a Fillport can be installed with dust filter instead of tempered glass in the lid. A 360mm radiator can be attached to it, as long as the combination of radiator and fans is not deeper than 35mm. Another heat exchanger in 240-millimeter format fits into the case back. The back can accommodate a 120 millimeter radiator as a replacement for the pre-installed fan.
Space and I / O panel
Graphics cards can be up to 44 cm long, but other components may limit the actual maximum length. Thanks to the two additional, vertical extension slots, the graphics card can also be installed vertically. All drives are mounted on the back of the mainboard tray: in the front area, three individually removable cages allow the installation of one 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch disk each. In addition, there are two 2.5-inch drive mounts in the rear, which can be mounted in five different positions in the chassis.
The controls on the I / O panel are located on the top of the front bezel and include a USB 3.1 Type C port, two additional USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports, and two audio ports. Removable dust filters are housed in the sides of the front cover. Another dust filter covers the entire floor and can also be removed.
Pre-installed PWM fan controller
Fractal Design delivers the Define S2 Vision from the factory with the Nexus 9P, a PWM controlled fan hub. This provides connectivity for a total of nine fans with four-pin PWM connector and is powered by a SATA power connector.
- Dimensions: 233 x 465 x 543 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, tempered glass, plastic
- Weight: approx. 12.1 kg
- Color: Black
- Form factor: E-ATX (up to 285 mm width), ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
Total possible fan:
- 3x 120/140 mm (front side)
- 1x 120/140 mm (back)
- 2x 120/140 mm (floor)
- 3x 120/140 mm (lid, with inserted holder)
- Front: 3x 140 mm (Dynamic X2 GP-14 PWM)
- Rear: 1x 140 mm (Dynamic X2 GP-14 PWM)
PWM fan control:
- 9x 4-pin PWM fan connector
- Power supply: 1x SATA power
- Signal input: 1x 4-pin PWM
- Filter: bottom, front (removable)
- 1x max. 360/280 mm (front)
- 1x max. 360/280 mm (lid, max 35 mm incl. Fan, with modular holder)
- 1x max. 240/140 mm (floor)
- 1x 120 mm (back)
- 2x 2.5 inches (internal)
- 3x 3.5 / 2.5 inches (internal)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 7 + 2 Vertical
I / O panel:
- 1x USB 3.1 type C
- 2x USB 3.0
- 2x USB 2.0
- 1x reset button
- 1x power button
- 1x 3.5 mm jack (audio-in)
- 1x 3.5 mm jack (audio out)
- Maximum graphics card length: max. 440 mm
- Maximum CPU cooler height: max. 185 mm
- Maximum network part length: max. 300 mm (without fan in the floor)