The design features include flat surfaces, brushed aluminum look plastic, an edgy design and white accents in the interior and make the Define Mini C Tempered Glass with its tempered glass side part a real eye-catcher and a highlight of any interior.
The highlights of the Define Mini C at a glance
- Noble micro-ATX case in the restrained design
- Graphics cards up to 315 millimeters
- Up to five fans, two pre-installed fans
- Radiators on front, cover and back possible
- Dust filter on underside, front and lid
- Front side, right side part and cover insulated
- Cable management up to 35 millimeters
Soundproofed and with three dust filters
Like all Define series enclosures, the Mini C is soundproofed and visually dominated by the brushed aluminum front panel, which is interrupted only by a notch for the status LED in the top edge. The front panel is soundproofed on the inside. Behind it lies the first of a total of three removable dust filters. There are ventilation slots on the side, which ensure optimum airflow in the housing, which is further supported by the open design of the interior.
The I / O panel is integrated at the top in front of the lid. It houses, besides the obligatory connections for headphones and microphone, twice USB 3.0 as well as the power button and the reset button. The lid is also soundproof, but can also be removed to optimize the airflow for the fans placed there. An enclosed magnetic filter prevents dust from entering the housing through the top. Another filter can be found on the bottom of the case, which can be pulled out to the front.
Ample space for drives and optimal cable management
This no-frills design continues on the right side panel, which features soundproofing. The left side, however, is made of tempered glass, which clears the view of the tidy interior. The five white PCI panels on the expansion slots immediately catch the eye. Under the power supply cover in addition to the power supply itself has a 120-mm fan space. Behind it is a drive cage with two slots for 3.5- or 2.5-inch drives. There are mounts for three more 2.5-inch drives on the back of the motherboard tray. For cable management there remains 15 to 35 millimeters of space. For the cable routing to the other side of the mainboard tray, there are four huge recesses with frames made of rubber.
Lots of room for hardware, fans and water cooling
The Define Mini C Tempered Glass offers plenty of room for components for a micro-ATX enclosure: Graphics cards can be up to 315 millimeters long if a fan is used at the front. To cool the processor, a CPU cooler with a maximum height of 172 millimeters can be selected if no fan is installed in the side panel. A power supply with a length of up to 175 millimeters can be installed.
In total, Define Mini C tempered glass has up to six fan positions. A pre-installed front 120mm Dynamic X2 fan can be supplemented with another 120mm fan or replaced with two 140mm fans. The pre-installed 120 mm fan in the back, also a fan of the Dynamic X2 series, already ensures a good airflow in the Micro ATX case. The lid has two 120 mm and 140 mm fans again. Of course, the fan slots can also be replaced with corresponding radiators. Accordingly, a maximum of 240 mm radiator fits on the lid, 280 mm on the front and 120 mm on the back.
- Dimensions: 212 x 399 x 399 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, tempered glass, plastic
- Weight: approx. 6.8 kg
- Color: black (housing), white (slot covers, drive bays, fan blades)
- Form factor: Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
Total fan possible:
- 2x 140/120 mm (front side)
- 1x 120 mm (back)
- 1x 120 mm (floor)
- 2x 140/120 mm (cover)
- 1x 120 mm (front, Dynamic X2 GP-12, 1200 rpm)
- 1x 120 mm (rear, Dynamic X2 GP-12, 1200 rpm)
- Total radiators possible:
- 1x max. 240/280 mm (front side, max. 144 mm width)
- 1x max. 240 mm (lid (then maximum RAM height 40 mm)
- 1x max. 120 mm (rear side, max. 125 mm width)
- Filter: bottom, front cover
- 2x 2.5 / 3.5 inches (internal, drive cage)
- 3x 2.5 inches (internal, backside mainboard tray, max 10 mm depth)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 5
I / O panel:
- 2x USB 3.0
- 1x reset button
- 1x power button
- 1x each HD Audio In / Out
- Maximum CPU cooler height: max. 172 mm
- Maximum graphics card length: max. 315 mm (with fan installed)
- Maximum net part length: 175 mm