This symbiosis runs like a red thread through all Case series, from Graphite to Vengeance to Carbide. The very first Corsair case, however, was the Obsidian 800D, which has found many friends to this day and has been supplemented by a whole range of towers of various sizes, such as the brand new Obsidian 500D. But here Corsair goes a step further and incorporates everything that modern, feature-rich enclosures bring with them: Removable side doors made of toughened glass, a USB Type C slot, a vertical PCIe slot for graphics cards and the Obsidian 500D RGB Special Edition offered here - Extensive RGB LED lighting with three LL120 fans and Corsair's Commander PRO RGB LED controller.
The features of the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB Special Edition at a glance:
- Chic and functional midi tower for maximum ATX motherboards
- Front and removable doors in tempered glass
- Moldings and lids in brushed aluminum
- Three LL120 RGB fans pre-installed, a maximum of six fans possible
- Space for a 360 mm radiator on the front and 280 in the lid
- Easy radiator mounting thanks to brackets
- Tool-free installation of two 3.5- and three 2.5-inch drives
- I / O panel with one USB 3.1 Type C and two USB 3.0 Type A slots
Nice front and doors made of tempered glass
The Midi-Tower Obsidian 500D RGB Special Edition offered here offers all the advantages of the regular Obsidian 500D and therefore has a great water cooling potential. With its clear design, removable tempered glass side doors and tinted tempered glass façade with brushed aluminum trim strips, the steel case, despite its current elements, clearly stands out as the representative of the obsidian series.
Wakü users are pleased to have the option to install heat exchangers in the front in 240 mm, 280 mm or even 360 mm format and in the cover a further radiator of 280 mm length. The assembly facilitates the enclosed brackets. With these options, even hot-running processors and graphics cards can be perfectly water-cooled. For high-end graphics cards, the Obsidian 500D RGB Special Edition offers 37 cm of space. If you want to display these in a special way, you can install them vertically in the 500D - assuming an optional riser cable. On a drive cage Corsair has completely omitted. Instead, a total of two 3.5-inch and three 2.5-inch drives can be installed on the back of the mainboard tray.
The RGB Special Edition offers a stylish design and many functional details such as the mesh surface in the lid, two easily accessible USB 3.0 and audio ports and a USB Type-C plug.
Lots of space for hot hardware and cool cooling
The interior initially follows the conventional pattern: The maximum 22.5 cm long power supply at the bottom behind a rear panel, two to three fan slots in the front (either three 120 or two 140er), two more 120 -mm or 140-mm -Place upstairs and one behind. A 120 mm fan is already pre-installed in the front and in the rear. Removable dust filters are available on the top and bottom as well as on the front. But unlike most other cases, the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB Special Edition can install radiators at each of the positions instead of the fans.
CPU air coolers feel right up to a height of 17 cm in the Corsair Obsidian 500D and thanks to the generous cutout in the tray, even models with large backplates for screwing can easily be changed without removing the mainboard. In addition, Moddern accommodates the two hinged side parts made of tinted toughened glass, because on the one hand can be easily removed, on the other hand, they afford a great view of lovingly installed hardware on the seven horizontal PCI slots.
Corsair Commander PRO included
The Corsair Commander PRO, already included in the Obsidian 500D RGB Special Edition, is the heart of a Corsair Link system, delivering an unprecedented level of monitoring and control of your own system. Fan controls are a dime, but the Corsair Commander PRO has a lot more to offer: in addition to controlling PWM fans, it also provides control over various RGB LEDs, Corsair power supplies or CPU cooler. To monitor the system of course appropriate temperature sensors must not be missing. All these functions can be managed easily via the Corsair Link Dashboard.
- Dimensions: 237 x 507 x 500 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: approx. 10.5 kg
- Material: Steel, anodised, brushed aluminum, tempered glass
- Color: Black
- Form factor: ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Total possible fan:
- 2x 140m or 3x 120mm (front)
- 1x 120 mm (back)
- 2x 140 mm or 120 mm (cover)
- 3x 120 mm (front side)
- Radiator mountings (partial waiver of fan slots):
- 1x max. 360/280/240/120 mm (front side)
- 1x max. 120 mm (back)
- 1x max. 280/240/140/120 mm (cover)
- Filter: front, lid, bottom, power supply (removable)
- 2x 3.5 inches (internal, tool-free)
- 3x 2.5 inches (internal, tool-free)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 7 + 2 (Horizontal / Vertical)
I / O panel:
- 1x USB 3.1 type C (internal connection
- 2x USB 3.0 type A (internal connection)
- 1x each audio in / out
- Maximum graphics card length: 370 mm
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 170 mm
- Maximum power supply length: 225 mm