Features of the Cooler Master ML120R Complete Water Cooling:
- Digitally addressable RGB lighting from fans and waterblock
- Controllable via RGB controller or mainboard synchronization
- Pump in two-camera design & three-phase motor
- 120 mm slim radiator outstanding flow rates
- Specially adapted cooling block with micro-blades for more heat absorption
- MF120R ARGB PWM fan for high air pressure at low noise level
- Factory-filled with coolant & completely maintenance-free
- Sleeved hoses with high kink resistance
Structure and design of the MLR120R RGB by Cooler Master
The system of the MLR120R RGB consists of a simple construction of two parts, the radiator and the heat sink. While the radiator is mounted on a 120mm fan slot, preferably on the rear of the case, the cooler will fit on the CPU. The pump and the expansion tank are already installed in the radiator housing. Because it is a closed circuit, the system does not need maintenance.
The bottom of the heat sink absorbs the waste heat from the processor and efficiently conducts it to the water thanks to copper. This is in turn pumped by the pump in the direction of the radiator, where the coolant flows through a fine, high-flow optimized channel and lamellar structure and releases the heat to the air flowing through. The fans in turn ensure that the radiator is constantly supplied with fresh air.
To increase the cooling performance of the MLR120R RGB compared to the competition, the water flows through the CPU above a milled structure with fine fins. These increase the surface area for heat transfer to the water and thus increase the cooling capacity. In addition, the FEP hoses are sheathed for a professional look and offer high flexibility with consistently low evaporation of coolant and high kink resistance.
Adjustable 120mm fan provides high air pressure at low noise level
A 120 fan is responsible for the radiator with sufficient air to flow through. Cooler Master uses an in-house model called the MF120R ARGB, which produces high airflow of 113 m³ / h at speeds of 650 - 2,000 rpm and a static air pressure of 2.34 mm H2O. This happens with the lowest possible noise of only 6 - 30 dB (A), as required. The fan is equipped with nine rotor blades and digitally addressable RGB LEDs.
Together with the twelve addressable RGB LEDs under a diffuser in the pump unit, it produces impressive, dynamic RGB lighting effects. The lighting is controlled either via the supplied RGB controller or via a compatible mainboard with a digital 3-pin header for digitally addressable RGB LEDs. In the latter case, the lighting effects can be controlled via ASUS Aura Sync or MSI Mystic Light Sync and synchronized with other compatible RGB components.
Mounting & Compatibility of the Cooler Master MLR120R RGB
For reasons of space, tower air coolers can usually not be used, especially in compact housings. In the case of the MLR120R RGB, however, only the heat sink needs to sit directly on the CPU. Considering the hose length, the radiator can be placed quite freely in the housing, whereby the rear side offers itself. The cooling block mounting system of the MLR120R RGB is for the Intel Socket LGA 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-v3, 2066 as well as the AMD sockets AM2, AM2 +, AM3, AM3 +, AM4, FM1, FM2 , FM2 + suitable. After successful installation of these components, the pump via 3-pin and the two fans are connected via 4-pin plug and the complete water cooling can start their operation.
- Dimensions: 157 x 119.6 x 27 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: aluminum
- Dimensions: 83.6 x 71.8 x 52.7 mm (W x H x D)
- Volume: - Voltage: 12V
- Connection: 3-pin
- Life expectancy: 70,000 hours
- Type: MF120R ARGB 120mm fan
- Speed: 650 - 2,000 rpm (± 10%)
- Air flow: max. 113.3 m³ / h
- Static air pressure: max. 2.34 mm H2O
- Volume: 6 - 30 dB (A)
- Life expectancy: 160,000 hours
- Connection: 4-pin PWM
- Intel: LGA 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066
- AMD: AM2, AM2 +, AM3, AM3 +, AM4, FM1, FM2, FM2 +