The otherwise unfussy front with the brushed aluminum look is interrupted by two vertical stripes of light reminiscent of a sword or saber, giving the case its name. Innovative are the side strips, which serve as air inlets and at the same time as a dust filter and can be pulled out for cleaning. The top also has a large mesh with a magnetic dust filter under which a 240er radiator has space. In addition, there is also a magnetic cover that serves as a sound insulation or can be removed for a better airflow.
Two quiet 120 mm fans are added to the housing by BitFenix. The fan on the back comes from the in-house Specter series and is equipped with RGB lighting, which dips the, through the side part made of tempered glass visible interior, in an appropriate light. In addition, the case can convince with sufficient space even for E-ATX motherboards and space for perfect cable management. The highlight, however, is the possibility of vertical installation of the graphics card, which may also be up to 400 millimeters long.
The features of the BitFenix Saber Midi-Tower at a glance:
- Extremely stylish midi tower for motherboards up to E-ATX
- Addressable RGB LED lighting including controller on the front
- Large side panel made of tempered glass, lid with sound insulation
- I / O Panel with 2x USB 3.0 & HD Audio In / Out & RGB Switch
- Support for three radiators in 360/280, 240 and 120 mm format
- 2x 3.5 / 2.5 inch & 4x 2.5 inch disk slots
- 2x 120mm fan pre-installed, 1x with RGB LEDs - 6 total possible
- Graphics cards up to 40 cm in length & CPU cooler to 17.8 cm
Stylish midi-tower with RGB LED lighting front in aluminum look
From the outside, the case captivates with its largely unfussy look in the form of matt black surfaces. Conspicuous, however, are the large tempered glass side window and of course the front panel with the look of brushed aluminum and the embedded digitally addressable RGB lighting, which is a sword. With a compatible motherboard, the RGB LEDs on the front, but also the lighting of the rear RGB LED fan can be easily configured by software and synchronized with other RGB components in elaborate lighting effects. Alternatively, the integrated controller is ready, which in turn is controlled by a switch on the I / O panel.
Inside, the spacious Midi Tower can accommodate motherboards ranging from Mini ITX to E-ATX. Two 3.5- or 2.5-inch drives can be stored in a cage in the power supply cover, while four more 2.5-inch disks disappear behind the motherboard tray. Hardware and cooling components are presented behind the viewing window made of four-millimeter tempered glass in a very clean look, also thanks to the power supply cover, under which the power supply and cable tangle becomes invisible.
The back of the case is equipped with a 120 millimeter RGB fan, while in the front, a model without lighting ensures a cooling airflow. In addition, two 120 mm fans can be mounted in the lid and three in the front. In the front, two 140-millimeter models are possible. The ventilation openings in the front, bottom and lid are all equipped with removable dust filters without tools.
In the front, the Bitfenix Saber can accommodate radiators in 360- or 280-millimeter format up to 45 mm in thickness and offers space for a 120 mm counterpart in the rear. A 240 mm radiator can still be attached to the cover, provided that the working memory is not higher than 40 mm. CPU cooler may be up to 17.8 inches high and powerful graphics cards fit up to a length of 40 centimeters in the interior. There is also the option to install the graphics card vertically.
- Dimensions: 220 x 454 x 465 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, plastic, tempered glass
- Weight: about 7 kg
- Color: Black
- Form factor: E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
Total possible fan:
- 3x 120 mm / 2x 140 mm (front)
- 1x 120 mm (back)
- 2x 120 mm (cover)
- 1x 120 mm (front side)
- 1x 120 mm (RGB LEDs, back)
- Max. 1x 360 mm or 1x 280 mm (front)
- Max. 1x 240 mm (cover)
- 1x 120 mm (back)
- Dust filter: cover, front, bottom
- 2x 3.5 / 2.5 inches (internal)
- 4x 2.5 inches (internal)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX up to 185 mm (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 7 + 2
I / O panel:
- 2x USB 3.0 (internal connection)
- 1x each audio in / out
- 1x RGB control / reset
- Maximum graphics card length: 400 mm
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 178 mm
Connections RGB controller:
- 1x 4-pin RGB
- 2x 3-pin RGB
- 1x front button
- 1x SATA power cable