Because even in this Mesh-SE-TG variant, the entire front is made of a close-meshed metal mesh to maximize the airflow. Behind it is a layer of fine nylon fabric that acts as a dust filter. Despite the fine mesh, the Specter series fan with digitally addressable RGB-LED lighting from BitFenix is just as clearly visible from the outside as it is through the tempered glass side panel. The front panel also has the typical BitFenix logo on the front.
The features of the BitFenix Nova Mesh SE at a glance:
- Black midi tower with a fine mesh front and tempered glass side panel
- Compatible with ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX mainboards
- Including four 120 millimeter fans with RGB-LED lighting on the front and rear
- Slots for 3x 120 mm or 2x 140 mm fans on the front and 2x 120 on the lid
- Space for 240 mm radiator on the lid and up to 280/360 on the front
- Modular HDD cage with space for 2x 3.5 / 2.5 drives
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x 3.5 mm jack (1x audio in / out each)
- Including controller with 6x 3-pin RGB-LED (5VDG) and 6x 3-pin 12 volt connections
- BitFenix Nova Mesh SE: powerful midi tower in black
The front panel with the fine mesh grille perfectly combines the housing design with the requirement for fresh air access. The optics are not affected. On the contrary: the design appears timelessly elegant and as if it were made from one piece. The clear lines and the tempered glass side panel not only look damn good, they also serve a purpose, because with the BitFenix Nova Mesh SE, battle is declared on dust.
Thanks to the modern design, the mainboard is installed at the top and the power supply at the bottom. This offers the advantage of a separate fresh air access for the power pack through the floor and thus less warming up by other PC components. A dust filter protects the power supply from the penetration of dirt and the resulting overheating. A power supply cover hides the unsightly cable clutter.
Lots of space for well-cooled hardware
A large recess in the mainboard tray enables easy and convenient installation of suitable CPU coolers. Expansion cards can be mounted using quickly removable screws. Two internal 2.5 / 3.5-inch slots are available in the modular HDD cage under the power supply cover. Without a drive cage, the possible length of the power supply increases from an already lush 190 to 200 mm. Two more 2.5-inch drives can be found on the back of the mainboard tray. All in all, enough space for powerful full-size hardware, such as a graphics card with up to 315 mm.
Instead of the three pre-installed 120 mm fans, two 140 mm fans can be installed on the front to cool them. In addition, another 120 fan is installed on the back. The two pre-installed fans in matching colors come from the Specter series with digitally addressable RGB-LED lighting from BitFenix, which are characterized by high performance and low noise levels. There is also space for two additional 120 mm fans on the lid. All in all, there are six impressive 120 mm fans that ensure optimal cooling of the hardware installed inside.
Thanks to the fine mesh front and the dust filter on the lid, the interior remains clean. Of course, radiators can be installed instead of fans, for example a 360 or 280 on the front. At the top there is a little space for a 240 mm radiator. For cable management, 23 mm remain on the rear of the mainboard tray. The I / O panel in the upper, front part of the lid is also adequately equipped, as it offers two USB 3.0 and two HD audio connections. The connections are complemented by a power switch and a reset switch.
Powerful controller included
Bitfenix has integrated a controller to control the fans, which in addition to six 3-pin slots (5VDG) for controlling 80 digitally addressable RGB LEDs, such as the pre-installed fans, also has six 3-pin connectors (12V) for the Brings fan speed. To do this, the controller is connected to the mainboard. Each connection can daisy-chain up to six 12-volt fans. The lighting in 60 different modes is set using a switch on the front of the housing. Alternatively, the RGB-LED signal can also be controlled via the mainboard. It can then be configured via ASUS Aura Sync, MSI Mystic Light, Gigabyte RGB Fusion or ASRock Polychrome Sync.
- Dimensions: 211 x 450 x 380 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, plastic, tempered glass
- Color: Black
- Weight: 4.9 kg
- Form factor: ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Fan possible:
- 3x 120 mm / 2x 140 mm (front)
- 2x 120 mm (cover)
- 1x 120 mm (rear)
- 3x 120 mm (front)
- 1x 120 mm (rear)
- Radiators possible:
- 1x max. 360/280 mm (front)
- 1x max. 240 mm (cover)
- 1x max. 120 mm (rear)
- 2x 2.5 / 3.5 inch (internal)
- 2x 2.5 inches (internal)
- Expansion slots: 7
I / O panel:
- 2x USB 3.0
- 1x each HD audio in / out
- 1x power button
- 1x reset button
- Power supply: Standard PS2 ATX format (optional)
- Maximum graphics card length: 315 mm
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 160 mm
- Maximum power supply length: 190 mm (200 mm without the HDD cage)