Equipped with the latest features, it represents a convenient solution for gaming, 4K streaming and smart home for multi-storey apartments and large houses. Thanks to the efficient 802.11ax WLAN standard, it also achieves transmission rates suitable for high-end gaming. In addition, it can be easily combined with other ASUS routers to form a WiFi mesh, which enables large-scale, uninterrupted wireless transmission.
The features of the ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 router at a glance:
- ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 WiFi router from ASUS
- Elegant and cooling-optimized design
- WLAN 802.11ax with tri-band with 1x 2.4 GHz and 2x 5 GHz
- Combined transmission speed of up to 6,600 Mbit / s
- For large apartments and houses: coverage of up to 255 m² or 3+ rooms
- Comprehensive network security with AiProtection Pro
- Beamforming and OFDMA for dedicated transfers to individual devices
- Easy setup, operation and management with ASUS Router App
- Elegant design, unique antenna layout and extreme speed
The ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 router with its tri-band and WiFi 6 brings ultra-fast WiFi 802.11ax to every corner of the house. Elegant design, enormous range, tri-band Smart Connect, link aggregation, revolutionary MU-MIMO and complete security are just a few of the functions with which the ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 router becomes an elegant all-round carefree package at the highest level.
The ASUS XT8 router has six internal antennas. The special vertical housing layout and the 45 ° arrangement of the antennas guarantee minimal interference and the highest WiFi reception - even in multi-storey houses. The integrated heat sink and the specially developed ventilation openings keep the powerful technology at temperatures.
The ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 router supports the 802.11ax standard. A maximum data transfer rate of up to 6,600 Mbit / s is achieved. OFDMA allows one channel to transmit data from multiple devices, improving latency and increasing efficiency. Smaller subchannels ensure an 80 percent greater WiFi range.
Using MU-MIMO technology (multi-user), compatible devices can also be operated with their own dedicated, maximum WLAN speeds, which means that several devices can be connected in parallel and the network is not slowed down. With conventional SU-MIMO technology (single user), individual connected devices may wait for the transmissions one after the other, which can cause delays. The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz modules support 2x2-MU-MIMO, while the second 5 GHz module even offers 4x4-MU-MIMO.
The ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 router supports ZenWiFi. This technology enables several ASUS routers to be connected to form a uniform, high-performance WLAN network. Thanks to intelligent roaming between the connected routers, dead spots in your own four walls are a thing of the past.
The ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 router offers maximum and cross-platform compatibility. Thanks to its bandwidth and signal coverage, all systems, from PCs and consoles to mobile and smart devices as well as practically every operating system, including Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS and Linux, can be supplied with sufficient bandwidth and signal coverage.
With the Adaptive QoS (Quality of Service) function, various tasks can be prioritized with regard to the distributed bandwidth. This means that all game-related data packets and activities take precedence over other applications for gaming and the available traffic is assigned to the game. Depending on the network load, this ensures that the latencies in the game remain as low as possible.
Thanks to the ASUS AiProtection Pro, the processes on the computer that use up valuable CPU and memory performance are also monitored, e.g. Antivirus programs. AiProtection Pro can disable these programs while playing, so all available resources are only available for the game. In addition, AiProtection Pro has extensive parental controls, so that children are protected from adult content or the internet access is limited by the planned timing.
Connectivity and other functions
For devices without a WLAN function, the ASUS XT8 router offers a 2.5 gigabit WAN connection, three gigabit LAN connections and a USB 3.0 port so that hard drives or printers can be conveniently integrated into the network. The XT8 router can also be used as an extended media server and even works with the AiPlayer app. Thanks to the support of PPPoE, the routers can also connect directly to the Internet via a compatible provider.
Thanks to the user-friendly ASUS router app, setting up, operating and managing the ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 AX6600 router is child's play. In addition to setting up, the ASUS router app also enables you to manage data traffic, diagnose connection problems or carry out firmware updates - all without having to switch on a PC.
- Dimensions: 160 x 161.5 x 75 mm (W x D x H)
- Weight: approx. 716 g
- Color: Black
- Network standard: IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11ax, IPv4, IPv6
- Frequency range: 1x 2.4 GHz, 2x 5 GHz
- Antennas: 6x internal
- 802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mb / s
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mb / s
- 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mb / s
- 802.11n: up to 300 Mb / s
- 802.11ac (5GHz-1): up to 867 Mb / s
- 802.11ac (5GHz-2): up to 3,466 Mbps
- 802.11ax (2.4GHz): up to 574 Mb / s
- 802.11ax (5GHZ-1): up to 1.201 Mb / s
- 802.11ax (5GHZ-2): up to 4,804 Mb / s
- Max. Data rate (combined) 6,600 Mbit / s
- Encryption: WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPS support
Management: UPnP, IGMP v1 / v2 / v3, DNS Proxy, DHCP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, Port Forwarding, DMZ, System Event Log
- 3x RJ45 LAN port
- 1x RJ45 WAN port
- 1x USB 3.0
- Controls: WPS button, reset button, power on / off
- VPN server: PPTP server, OpenVPN server, IPSec server
- VPN client: PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client
Features: Router App, MU-MIMO, Traffic Analyzer, Adaptive QoS, WTFast Gamers Private Network, AiProtection Pro, Parental Control, Guest Network, Extended Media Server (AirPlayer App compatible), Mac OS Backup, AiCloud, 3G / 4G, Printer Server, AiDisk (Samba and FTP server with account management), download master, IPTV support, roaming assist, multiple SSIDs