Additionally, Z390 motherboards support the ninth-generation Intel Core processors (Coffee Lake-S Refresh). Also on the start are the chip-side Wi-Fi support - but still a WiFi module must be present - and native USB 3.1 support, so they no longer need to be provided with additional chips.
The features of the ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS gaming motherboard at a glance:
- 2x PCIe (3.0) x16 (x16 / x4) & 4x PCIe x1
- 2x USB 3.1 (2x Type A)
- Total 8x USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0 (internal & external)
- 2x M.2 (of which 2x PCIe 3.0 x4) / 6x SATA 6G
- Supports max. 64 GB of DDR4 RAM up to 4,133 MHz
- Integrated LED lighting including RGB LED header
The ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS gaming in detail
The ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS gaming motherboard (ATX) provides a total of two PCIe x16 slots, one of which is connected to the chipset with a full 16 lanes, while the other is connected to four data lines. For additional plug-in and expansion cards, the motherboard has three PCIe x1 slots. In addition, multiple graphics cards can be used simultaneously on the motherboard and it supports AMD CrossFire and NVIDIA SLI.
The four DIMM slots support up to 64GB of DDR4 memory in dual-channel mode. Native support of the Z390 chipset clock rates up to 2.666 MHz, OC allows the ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming but also the operation of RAM kits up to 4133 MHz. There are six SATA 6G connectors and two M.2 slots for hard drives and SSDs. Both M.2 slots are connected to the chipset with four PCIe lanes and support the NVMe protocol, which allows data transfer rates of almost 4 GB / s. This makes M.2 PCIe SSDs up to eight times faster than SATA 6G SSDs!
The ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming has two USB 3.1 ports with Type A female connector on the I / O panel. USB 3.1 or USB 3.1 Gen 2 achieves maximum speeds of 10 Gbps per port, and USB ports with this standard generally support the fast charging function of smartphones and tablets. In addition to the I / O panel, in addition to four USB 3.0 ports, there is also an HDMI and a DisplayPort connection. Internally, the motherboard provides a large selection of ports and headers.
Features of the ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming include the eye-catching radiator design and integrated LED lighting. In addition, the mainboard has a WLAN module with the standard 802.11ac including Bluetooth 5.0 and two LAN ports. Antennas for WLAN are included with the mainboard.
Only compatible with Intel CPUs of the 8th and 9th generation!
- Intel Z390
- 1151 (v2) (for Intel 8th and 9th generation CPUs)
- 4x DDR4 (2,666 MHz, up to 4,133 MHz using OC)
- Max. 64 GB
- Slots (physical):
- 1x PCIe 3.0x16
- 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 (electric x4)
- Compatible multi-VGA configurations: 2-Way AMD CrossFire
- 3x PCIe 3.0x1
- 6 × SATA 6G
- 1x M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4; 2242/2260/2280/22110)
- 1x M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x2 & SATA; 2242/2260/2280)
- 4x USB 3.0 (two headers)
- 4x USB 2.0 (two headers)
- 1x CPU fan header (4-pin)
- 1x CPU_OPT fan header (4-pin)
- 3x fan header (4-pin)
- 1x AiO pump header (4-pin)
- 1x TPM header
- 1x COM header
- 1x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1x MemOK! button
- 1x front panel audio C
- 2x RGB header (4-pin)
- 1x PS / 2 keyboard / mouse
- 2 × USB 3.1 (2 × Type A)
- 4x USB 3.0
- 1x HDMI 1.4b
- 1x DisplayPort 1.2
- 2x Gigabit LAN (Intel I219-V)
- 2x WiFi antenna preparation
- 1x Wi-Fi / Bluetooth module (Intel Wireless-AC 9560)
- 3x audio (Realtek S1200A)
- 1x 24-pin ATX 12V
- 1x 8-pin ATX 12V