The fully modular power supplies in ATX format not only bring plenty of efficiency, thanks to 80Plus Platinum certification, but also integrate a very quiet IP5X Wing Blade fan with. The laterally installed OLED display shows the current power consumption. And of course you should not miss the chic RGB LED lighting, which can be synchronized and controlled via Aura Sync. The external design of the power supply also stands out clearly from the crowd.
The ASUS ROG Thor 850 W Platinum Power Supply Overview:
- 850-watt power supply with enormously strong 71-A singlerail
- High efficiency thanks to 80 Plus Platinum Certificate
- Quiet 135mm fan
- Fully modular cable management
- 2x 4 + 4-pin ATX cable and four 6 + 2-pin PCIe connectors
- 12 SATA ports so 5x 4-pin Molex and 1x floppy
- High-end technology for power packs of the upper class
In order to deliver the energy in a high efficiency, ASUS relies on proven technology, for example in the form of 105 ° high performance capacitors from Japan and largely cable-free connectors. Thus, the ROG-Thor power supplies ensure stability and, above all, reliability. Especially on the cooling elements has ASUS respected. They cool a surface twice as big thanks to their unique design. Not only does the fan start up much later, but it also spares the installed components, thus ensuring a longer service life.
The WING Blade fans themselves are 135 millimeters in size and dust-repellent to IP5X. They are also very quiet. In the so-called 0dB technology sensors are used, which ensure that the fans are switched off as quickly as possible with low energy consumption. This is also thanks to the cooling elements used. Then the power supply runs completely noiseless. The unusually high manufacturer's warranty of ten years exceeds the current standard of the luxury class and reflects the high-class equipment and workmanship.
Extensive connections, completely modular
The ROG Thor power supplies provide the power through dedicated connections. The power supply comes with a 24-pin ATX cable, which can be connected to the respective motherboard. For the additional power supply of motherboard, the power supply comes with two cables with two 4 + 4-pin connectors. Four 6 + 2-pin plugs can supply graphics cards with power. And for the supply of data carriers or other peripheral devices, there are a total of twelve connections on four cables. In addition, there are five Molex connectors and another FDD connector for a floppy drive.
High efficiency thanks to Platinum certification
The particularly high efficiency meets the requirements of 80 Plus Platinum and thus exceeds 94/92/90 percent at 50/20/100 percent load). Efficiency continues to increase in the European 230-volt grid. A successful entry into the market for high-end power supplies!
- Dimensions: 150 x 86 x 160 mm (W x H x D)
- Fan: 135 mm (automatic control)
- Color: Black (power adapter, fan)
- Efficiency: at least 94/92/90 percent at 50/20/100 percent utilization. Meets the requirements of 80 Plus Platinum. Efficiency in the - - European 230 Volt grid is up to two percentage points higher
- Active PFC
- Form factor: ATX12V 2.4 / EPS12V 2.92
- Power: 850W
- + 3.3V: 20A
- + 5V: 20A
- + 12V: 852W / 71A
- -12V: 0.3A
- + 5Vsb: 3 A
- Mainboard: 1x 20 + 4-pin ATX12V / EPS12V
- CPU: 2x 4 + 4-pin ATX12V / EPS12V
- 4x 6 + 2-pin PCIe
- 12x SATA
- 5x 4-pole molex
- 1x floppy
- OVP (protection against overvoltage and undervoltage)
- SCP (short circuit) OPP (overload) OCP (overcurrent on rails +12, +3.3 and +5 volts)
- Manufacturer's warranty: 10 years