The AM4 platform-based processors continue to drive higher clock speeds, an improved boost function, and the advanced XFR2 automatic overclocking feature to once again scare the competition.
The AMD Ryzen 5 2600X at a glance:
- AMD Ryzen 7
- 6 "Zen" cores with only 95 watts of Thermal Design Power (TDP)
- 12 threads thanks to Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT)
- Very high single and multi-thread performance
- Basic clock of 3.6 GHz & 4.25 GHz Turbo with Precision Boost 2
- With automatic overclocking function XFR2
- Free multiplier for manual overclocking (unlocked CPU)
- Large unified cache memory: 3 MB L2 & 16 MB L3
- Highly efficient, non-planar 12 nanometer LP transistors
- AVX2 instruction set extension for complex vector calculations
- Two AES units for fast, reliable data encryption
- Modern AM4 platform with extensive features
- Supports DDR4 RAM with guaranteed 2,933 MHz (dual-channel)
- Includes AMD Wraith Spire CPU cooler
The AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Hexa Core CPU with 4.25 GHz Precision Boost
The AMD Ryzen 7 2600X is a Pinnacle Ridge processor with six physical CPU cores that can simultaneously process two threads simultaneously using simultaneous multithreading (SMT), effectively increasing the number of cores with the additional six virtual cores doubled to 12. The six-core top model operates at a high clock rate of 3.6 GHz per core, which precisely adapts to the respective utilization scenario in real time with Precision Boost 2 - regardless of whether it is in games or applications - and can thus be executed in fine steps on-the-fly. fly in the context of the TDP on each up to 4.25 GHz Turbo increased.
The said TDP is only 95 watts, which is very little compared to other 6-core processors from AMD - especially considering the increased clock rates of the AMD Ryzen 7 2600X. Built using the advanced 12nm FLP process, the processor has a total of 3MB of Level 2 cache and 16MB of Level 3 cache, which are grouped together as a "Smart Prefetch Cache".
The CPU provides 20 PCIe 3.0 lanes, four of which are reserved for connection to the motherboard chipset and for connecting NVMe SSDs. This leaves 16 lanes to communicate with graphics cards that also support NVIDIA SLI technology for multiple graphics cards in x16 or x8 + x8 mode. In terms of RAM, DDR4 RAM bars with 2,933 MHz are now supported, whereby OC also allows higher clock rates.
Extended Frequency Range (XFR) for automatic overclocking
With AMD Ryzen, manual overclocking no longer bothers anyone with AMD Ryzen, because the CPU does it all by itself: The AMD Ryzen 7 2600X features the second generation Auto OC Extended Frequency Range feature (XFR2) equipped, which can increase the processor clock far beyond the factory set limit of the maximum boost cycle, if the used cooling offers appropriate reserves. As soon as the integrated sensors of the CPU register additional cooling capacities, the Ryzen CPU automatically adjusts its clock rates to the respective cooling solution.
No intervention by the user is necessary - overclocking has never been so easy! Depending on whether the processor is kept at air temperature by air cooling with a comparatively small boxed cooler, a larger (dual) tower cooler, powerful AiO or custom water cooling or even extremely cold liquid nitrogen (LN2), XFR2 guarantees unlimited clock rates in the premium and enthusiast range depending on the available cooling capacity.
Unlocked CPU: child-friendly overclocking thanks to free multiplier
Alternatively, all AMD Ryzen CPUs are unlocked and have a free multiplier, as usual from the "Black Editions" and "K" versions of previous model series, so Overclocker can easily handle the relatively high clock speeds directly in the BIOS or UEFI or using software tools, an appropriate motherboard with OC-capable chipset, such as AMD X470, and sufficient additional cooling provided.
Notes: This is a boxed version including AMD Wraith Spire CPU cooler. To use an AMD Ryzen CPU, an AM4 motherboard is required.
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
- Zen + / Pinnacle Ridge
- Production: 12 nm LP
- CPU cores:
- 6/12 (physical / virtual)
- CPU clock:
- Base clock: 3.6 GHz
- Boost cycle: max. 4.1 GHz (Precision Boost 2)
- OC clock: 4.25+ GHz (automatically via XFR2)
- Level 2 cache:
- 3 MB (512 KB per core)
- Level 3 cache:
- 16 MB (2 MB per core)
- Integrated PCI Express 3.0 lanes:
- x24 (x16 for GPU + x4 for SSD)
- Random access memory:
- Memory controller: internal
- Memory channels: 2
- Memory Standard: DDR4 (ECC & non-ECC)
- 95 watts
- AT 4
- Instruction set extensions:
- SMT (Simultaneous Multithreading)
- X86-64 (64-bit processor AMD64)
- AMD-V (Compute Virtualization)
- VT-Vi (I / O MMU Virtualization)
- 2x AES units (encryption)
- AVX & AVX2 (Advanced Vector Extensions)
- NX-bit (anti-virus protection) & EPP (extended anti-virus protection)
- TBT 3.0 (Turbo Core 3.0)
- special feature:
- Free Multiplier (unlocked)